Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Need help replacing VT indicator stalk

ford6779

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Hey guys, just new to JC and only new to driving commodores too. The other day i was driving around a round about and i held the indicator down cause it tried to flick back up, it made a loud click noise and now the indicator sounds like its on all the time, but its just the noise, none of the lights come on. I went n bought another indicator switch or stem but i'm not sure how to get the steering column cover off. Any help or links to a how too would be much appreciated. Cheers

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Ok first step is to lower the steering column. (pull the lever down)

Put your thumbs either side of the top plastic and firmly press whilst pushing up.
This will pop the top cover off.

Now you need to push the bottom cober back to get it off the "hooks" (this is quite hard if its never come off before) be patient... it will slide back.
When it slides back, pull down on it and it will come off.

Now you will be able to just lift the indicator switch out and undo the connections.

It all goes back on the same way.

ford6779

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
Cheers

you've been a great help, thanks for the time and effort you put into explaining that mate, much appreciated. Take it easy:thumbsup: