Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear seat removal.

cjcrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
As the title states, anyone done this in a VT? Wanna change the trim on my seat so need to remove the entire back seat. How hard was it? Any tips or pointer as to where all the screws/clips are located? Cheers

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
umm haven't done this in a couple of years, but from memory there is a couple of handles type things u find just under the bottom cushion, you need to grab onto these and pull the cushion out, its easy. Then once the bottom cushion is out you will can easily seen the bolts for the back cushion, undo these and lift the back cushions up and off. Sorry the instructions are a bit vague, but its been a while.

statey1975

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman
Not sure of VT, but I've got a VR - can't see that they would be too much different.
There should be two clips under the seat near the front of the seat. You just have to push the base of the seat towards the back of the car with a bit of force then lift it up and take it out.

HVXII

AWI11
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Acclaim storm grey
umm haven't done this in a couple of years, but from memory there is a couple of handles type things u find just under the bottom cushion, you need to grab onto these and pull the cushion out, its easy. Then once the bottom cushion is out you will can easily seen the bolts for the back cushion, undo these and lift the back cushions up and off. Sorry the instructions are a bit vague, but its been a while.

this is spot on r recently took mine out & yeah it will take about 10mins to do