Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Extractors And Exhaust System

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
HAS A BLACK VZ SV6 NOW !!!
Hey There, :thumbsup:

I was wondering if anyone knew what sort of extractors i should get for my VY commodore when i get in the next couple of months..
I am also think about getting a 3" Exhaust system as well. :yeah:

I was also wanting to know the price of getting that stuff and getting it installed in the car.

Does anyone know any decent car places in sydney that would do it for a reasonable price and are good and reptuable place to go to as well.

any advice would be much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Cheer
Insane_Metal_Man_666

392RWkwSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
no point with extractors on a 6... just buy a cat back system much more affective. better sound. the price all depends on where you take it. since im from melb id have no idea where you should go but good luck anyway.

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
no point with extractors on a 6... just buy a cat back system much more affective. better sound. the price all depends on where you take it. since im from melb id have no idea where you should go but good luck anyway.

Ok Then So u dont recommend getting extractors for A VY Commie just get cat back exhaust system then.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
You could always look at what I'm doing,

Keep an eye on EBay and muffler shop websites etc for any deals going.

And get it couriered to you and fit it your self, pretty easy to fit a cat back system, unless they sell you the wrong system of cause.
Should save you a few dollars and you can learn a thing or two as well.
Like what not to do for example....

Sly_VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Series II Karma SV6 Sedan
Yeah ive heard the same. The guy that did my exhaust said it would be pointless. I have a 2.5 Straight-through cat-back on my VY Exec, and it sounds beautiful. Power wise, nothing really gained, but I didnt expect that anyway.

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Future Plans

Yeah ive heard the same. The guy that did my exhaust said it would be pointless. I have a 2.5 Straight-through cat-back on my VY Exec, and it sounds beautiful. Power wise, nothing really gained, but I didnt expect that anyway.

Oh Ok I will take that note on board and only probably get the exhaust system then.

When i get my P's and My car... In the future i am going to chuck a Turbo in the VY that would friggin awesome.

That is my future plans for me VY commie

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VY still uses the Ecotec engine so extractors will give you more torque, better economy and a more responsive throttle. They will also increase your power but not by much. Teamed up with a decent 2 1/2" cat back system it is a good mod for your $$$. It's up to you whether you go for a hi flow air filter as you will only gain a bit of economy on the highway.

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Extra Power

The VY still uses the Ecotec engine so extractors will give you more torque, better economy and a more responsive throttle. They will also increase your power but not by much. Teamed up with a decent 2 1/2" cat back system it is a good mod for your $$$. It's up to you whether you go for a hi flow air filter as you will only gain a bit of economy on the highway.

ok cool, I thought that extractors would of given me more power as well as a cat back exhaust system as well.

but i want me VY to sound deep without getting a V8 cause on P's NSW cant have an eight which sucks balls :ranting:

Like i said future plan will be a turbo for me VY so i cant wait for that might be a while yet, but i can wait :yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 04 S/W
Mr Metal,

When I bought my VY SII Acclaim I had the same questions and at the end of the day where does it stop?
I would like to say it won't but with buying new windsurf kit, lap tops, phones, bikes and the odd house, well the only house, I have gone for the following running system modafacations,

A Perry by Headers 2.5" cat back system,
K&N Pod using the bottom part of the standard box and making a clear top for show then running tubing from the lower grill for some cool air,
A single stage shift kit being a auto,
King Springs allround with H/D's in rear,
And 18" wheels (there running gear I guess, they go round & round)

I am currently doing lots of other mods to her but there nothing to do with the preformance side of things.

So with what I have done I expect a nice sound from the front (Pod) and rear & a little bit more power but at the end of the day I do a lot of highway driving and she already has the balls to pass most things crawling along the Bruce Highway up here in QLD (apart from the cyclones of cause)

But when it came to the extactors for me it was hard to work out what I was going to do and in the end I felt I did not need them as every where I looked up here it was $600+ fitted, I could have bought them and fitted them my self cheaper but I'm not that on the ball with Holdens and engines, all the other mods I did my self but extractors I felt were a little beyond me.

I hope this speal might help a little any way with what your looking at doing with your VY.

Good luck with it.

Windsurfing.....

Insane_Metal_Man_666

METAL UP THE ARSE !!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
My Novel !!!

Hey Mr The Windsurfing VY Wagon,

Yeah am aware that getting extractors would be something around $600 installed for abit of extra performance and i know that VY commies have enough power to overtake mostly anything on the highway like you said expect the QLD cyclones lol :yeah: But as i young person i will probably get the additonal modd as it would up the KW's in performance wise along with the new 3" exhaust system as well. :yeah:

I can't honestly wait to get this car i have been saving for a while when i get it in june/July it would be roughly 1 year to save about $16,000. As usual all different things pop up like unwanted bills or something breaks down or anything that would be unexpected which is annoying as hell. I wish i had it already but i have only $8,500 so soon enough i will get it. :cry:

I will more then likely add the additional mods of: :w00t:

extractors
3" cat back exhaust system.
King Spring - So car is lowered abit
18" Incubus Paranormal Rims
Sound system

That is all i can think of as of yet, but i am sure that there would be more modds in the future. I know after i get off my P's I wanting to more then likely get a Turbo in it that would be awesome as. :thumbsup: