Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

powertrain error sending me to the nuthouse

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Hi, If anyone can help me out it will be appriciated I am rebuilding a 05 Vz executive and i have nearly completed it exept I keep gettin 02 sensor error (heater curcuit malfunction) I have changed both 02 sensors with new genuine gm sensors, but when you reset the error and turn the iginiton of and on once the powertrain error reappears, This is driving me crazy as it is the only error the car is giving and i can not pass the required roadworthy because of this error, Help Plz any ideas will be tryed

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
get the code reset at holden should do it

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
is the plug at the back of the motor, from the engine harness to the transmission harness plugged in?

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
yes it is plugged in I have also been to my commodore service centre and spent 800 dollars for them to tell me nothing, they cant even find the problem. Is there a way to disconect the system warning so that I can pass it over roadworthy?

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Holden are useless they told me the key couldn't be recoded because I changed the BCM, and I have recoded it myself. I have access to the same program that Holden use.

Auke Fischer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Don't know if its of any use, but I am getting the "Check Power Train" message and this seems to be caused by a faulty coil-on-plug. Which also sends the LPG computer in a frezy so now I can only use petrol untill I replace the Coil-on-Plug (on back order) $440 each !! (Recommende to relace all + $2600 !!) Have also heard that the CO2 sensor can cause the powertrain aswell. Hope this helps !!
What program are you using??

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Dont know what program it is but because I have so many cars I have access to my mechanics workshop I just walk in and help myself. I can tell you that its a large hand held unit and its red because theyve updated there systems.

Auke Fischer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Apparently hard to find in Australia but repairer managed to find four Coil-on-plugs @ $175 each.
Problem solved.!!

taxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Thanks for your help. Ive got a holden expert looking at it on monday they may think the ecu that i put in the car is for the later model vz which requires 4 o2 sensors well c how it goes there gonna change the engine module and the bcm again. cross my fingers and hope for the best. (atleast my wrecker isnt going to charge me for this)

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
That might be it.... I know the 190KW Alloytec has a four sensor setup.... I think the later versions of the 175KW did as well....

(that's not from anywhere official though, it's just that I experienced the problem in my son's SV6 after the rear left O2 sensor wire got torn off by road debris... His car sits bloody low.... ;) )

All the best with it anyhow...

Oh, by the way - if these supposed "experts" at Holden knew how to drive their Tech 2 properly, they would be able to look back over historical DTCs to find out where the fault is being triggered from... That's how we found the trouble with Matt's car - the diagnostic told us the code was triggered by the "left post-cat sensor" or something.... When we had a look, the wire had been torn out of the harness. Don't take everything that these bozos say as gospel - I've had a few situations where they have out-and-out LIED to customers of mine....