Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

error codes for vz ss 6l

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
B3924
P1678
P0102
P0700
P1632
P0741

these codes came up while my powertrain light appears any1 know or explain there meanings? other than that car runs and drives fine.

chriso-k

Motor Mechanic, SYDNEY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Two of the codes you've listed are indicative of the transmission. These two you would need to monitor. And, would be considered as the most to be concerned over. But not just yet. The other code, which relates to the air flow meter, is quite common for appearing on both the VZ and VE commodores. Make sure you have no splits in the inductive tubing between the air flow meter and the throttle body. As this is interpreted by the ECU as inconsistent air flow measurement into the engine. Have the ECU cleared and start from scratch. This is the best approach. If any of the codes re appear, you then know you're dealing with validated problems.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
B3924 = theft deterent start disable signal recieved
P1678 = immobilizer powertrain id failed
P0102 = air flow circuit low input
P0700 = transmission control module
P1632 = torque converter clutch
P0741 = wrong environ id received

these are my codes what do they mean exactally, why do they come up? with the transmission ones would that have anything to do with the 3500 stall converter not known,
and I have at times turned the igniton to were it comes up as immobilzer fail then turn key off and try again then it starts but it does it every now and again what causes it, any1 have these issues at all ?

chriso-k

Motor Mechanic, SYDNEY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
The P0700 code is a predominant generic code that comes up followed by a specific code. In this case, P1632. The P0700 code basically tells you that a fault has been detected in the transmission control system. It does not really relate to anything specific. But the P1632 does. So what does this means? Your computer has been upset by the operation of the torque converter clutch. If someone has fiddled with the car and replaced/disturbed the convertor in some way, shape or form, this could upset the electronics. Has the convertor been changed? As for your starting problem, it would appear your immobiliser ecu is not reading/identifying your transponder key. This could be an issue with the ignition coil around your key barrel or, a faulty transponder key. If you have a second key, try that one. Make sure you have a good contact between the key and key reader contact ring. Like I said, have your system cleared and see what reappears. Sometimes codes can log for the silliest of reasons. A battery that drops it's charge somewhat lower than the ECU needs to see, can log codes in the system, as an example. As for the air flow meter, Apart from what I already reported, it could be the early warning signs of the AFM failing. And it wouldn't too unusual on a VZ. But I'm also aware of some Commodores, suffering the same problem, that have had this problem fixed by a computer reflash. I'm afraid new cars do suffer from corrupted software from time to time. A lot of fixes on modern day cars will involve reflashing. welcome to electronics. Clear the system, and then after around a week, check again to see if anything is logged.
B3924 = theft deterent start disable signal recieved
P1678 = immobilizer powertrain id failed
P0102 = air flow circuit low input
P0700 = transmission control module
P1632 = torque converter clutch
P0741 = wrong environ id received

these are my codes what do they mean exactally, why do they come up? with the transmission ones would that have anything to do with the 3500 stall converter not known,
and I have at times turned the igniton to were it comes up as immobilzer fail then turn key off and try again then it starts but it does it every now and again what causes it, any1 have these issues at all ?

Last edited:

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
thanks mate for your input,yes I have installed a non-lockup hi stall converter to meet with my upgrades eg, cam and etc.., and my mechanic has tuned and adjusted shift points to maintain the right driveabilty and being a non lock converter I tend to chew the juice.will replacing the key and coding a new one fix the immobilizer problem?as for the air flow that's always been there since I had the car but never brought up the powertrain light.

chriso-k

Motor Mechanic, SYDNEY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore
Well, if you have a non lock up convertor, Then your computer would likely be affected. The standard convertor in these cars is a lock up type. The car's computer applies the lock up clutch, in the convertor, when certain criteria falls into place. And, the computer knows when the clutch is applied and when its released. But if you dont have a clutch, then this will upset the electronics and keep logging codes. As for your key, it's always best to try a second key, if you have one. Next approach would be, to have your BCM (Body control Module) scanned for problems. It's in this module where transponder key faults are likely to be logged. You may also have a faulty key reader around your ignition barrel. If so, fault codes are likely to be logged (stored) in the BCM. Have your mechanic check it out. Anyhow, it's always good practice to have a second key anyway.
VZSSCHASE 2677615 said:
thanks mate for your input,yes I have installed a non-lockup hi stall converter to meet with my upgrades eg, cam and etc.., and my mechanic has tuned and adjusted shift points to maintain the right driveabilty and being a non lock converter I tend to chew the juice.will replacing the key and coding a new one fix the immobilizer problem?as for the air flow that's always been there since I had the car but never brought up the powertrain light.

VZSSCHASE

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss 6l
thanks again for the reply, ive had the computer reset and the other night the powertrain came up again so im guessing it could be cause of the converter, as for the immobilizer i don't have a spare 2nd key as it never came with the car when i got it.i will try the key thing and see it that stops the immobilizer failed warning.