Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where is the sump/sump plug on VZ UTE v6

zkuhs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Gday, first car and changing oil for the first time, i need to know where to drain oil. Pictures if possible please thanks.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Sump Plug is on the bottom of the sump (that's the thing on the bottom of the engine) at the front. It's a good idea to purchase a new one as they can develop leaks after being removed. Don't forget to change the filter as well. I guess you know where that is located.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Sump Plug is on the bottom of the sump (that's the thing on the bottom of the engine) at the front. It's a good idea to purchase a new one as they can develop leaks after being removed. Don't forget to change the filter as well. I guess you know where that is located.

Are you implying that you should replace every oil change?
I will have to disagree on that comment anyway, they are not designed to leak after being removed, it is not common for this to happen.

D

Don123

I've been changing oil for 5 years on my VZ and never changed the sump plug.

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
Going back to when I had a VS II and I was changing oil myself after warranty period, I would buy oil filter from dealer, as routine the spares guy would bring out a sump plug washer along with the filter. Changing sump plug, only if the head is burred by bad spanner work in my opinion.