Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ auto help

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
Hey guys i have done some searching around but couldn't really find any thing to help. Just wanted to know some other peoples opinions and what my next step should be.

Couple weeks ago i bought my first v8 after getting off my p's i ended up buying a 05 vz senator with about 200,000 k's
unfortunetly the guy i bought the car off does not have the specific details of the modifications but ill list them from what i know.
Car is auto.
-Full exhaust ( pace maker extractors, hi flow cats, 3 inch cat back.
-OTR with a maffless tune
-HiStall around 3000 after testing it
-Mild cam and has had some heads work (apparently)
-Shift kit (apparently although gears change really fast)

No doubt the car is pretty fast and runs reliable now ill cut to the point. When im giving the car abit of juice once hitting around the 6k rev mark where the car should be shifting it continues to rev hard for about 2 seconds before it shifts and forces me to back off the accelerator in fear of damaging engine. at this point im not gaining any speed and only really happens from 2nd to 3rd gear. Only thing i can think of is auto slipping or possible a bad tune?
Should i spend the money to get a re tune and hope that is the problem or should i be looking at a new gearbox?

Also may be unrelated but ill add that when getting up to high revs sometimes i can feel the car struggling feels like spluttering do you think this could be because of lack of fuel?

Thanks

Peza93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina V6
yeah like i said one of those 3 are the problem but to fix them all is going to cost a fair bit just wanted to know if any one else has experienced this and what they did to fix?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
auto service not to expensive if you do it yourself, as a starting point