Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rough on start up, then fine

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
new simptom, i was doin an oil change on her over the weekend and i noticed a strong petrol smell in and arround the engine bay, what could this be?? i didnt have time to do the throttle body or anything else on her and the problem is still happning (inother words leaving it alone hasnt done jack lol. and ive got an engine error code 49, cam angle or crank angle sensor (signal intermittant) any one got any more ideas? are these related??

Last edited:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey everyone im new here, nice to meet you all, but my vs ute does the same thing on cold starts, ive asked ppl bout it n looked into it, apprently its just how our engine starts up and there isnt anything wrong with it cus all my mates ecotecs does the same thing, hope this was helpfull :)

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
go to your tool kit, grab your tourque wrench and procede to smack you mates in the head with it hahahaha, just kiddin bro.

na bro its not right, ive had my vs for 7 months and its only just started doing it this month, you and your mates should start trouble shooting with your cars, find out what is causing the problem in each car etc, ive resined my self to the fact that my mechanical skill are not good enough to fix this problem, so i think ill go hungry for the next month and just take her in to the local holden stealership and get them to fix it, because its just being a pain in the a$$

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
hahah oh ok mine has had the slow start since ive had it for almost 2 yrs now and its had all its services n that its running perfectly so i dunno, lemme know if u find out what the problem is man

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
sweets as bro, i will do!, im gunna take her in, get this issue fixed and then get them to give her a good going over and make sure theres no other issues, ill let you know how i get on, hopfully ith nothing major!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
awsome, yeah cus ive always wondered why on a cold start it takes a bout 5 or 6 secs to start it sounds pretty bad aye, i though changing my oil to a 5-50 fully synthetic oil wud help but nah it didnt :(

big balls

big balls
Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn comodore
awsome, yeah cus ive always wondered why on a cold start it takes a bout 5 or 6 secs to start it sounds pretty bad aye, i though changing my oil to a 5-50 fully synthetic oil wud help but nah it didnt :(

that sounds like mine used to untill i changed the injectors, they werent spraying right anymore.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
oh true i shud run a total fuel cleaner through it n see how it goes, or do u reakon they mite be stuffed, did urs start as soon as u turned key once u changed the injectors?

big balls

big balls
Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn comodore
if u get them cleaned properly, and make sure they are spraying properly, im in darwin and got mine done for $33 a plug so will proborbly be cheaper where you are but yea well worth it dont think using injector cleaner is a waste of time. and yea after i got all the air out of the system in wound over once or twice and started. havent had a problem since.