Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rough on start up, then fine

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
i've got this same problem and i was told to change the CTS (coolant temp sensor). anyone done this yet? cos i havent got round to it yet!!

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
nope havnt tryd that yet either, when i take it in to holden ill get them to do a full diognostic, to find any problems

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
prob some time over the next 2 weeks, need to get payd first lol

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
i've got this same problem and i was told to change the CTS (coolant temp sensor). anyone done this yet? cos i havent got round to it yet!!

I replaced my CTS well before this problem first happened to mine. It still seems to be working well.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
ahh kk lol

i mite go get 6 brand new injectors and get them put in and see how that goes

they shudnt be over 40 bucks an injector ay?

You won't get new VS injectors (Bosch 0 280 150 973) brand new for $40. I bought put VN-VR injectors in mine as I was advised they were the same. They do ok, but they lack power. I had my VS injectors cleaned and now the car goes fine. I would stick with the VS one's, but many injector places are now selling the VT injectors (777's) for the VS's (~$50 on ebay new) - not sure if it is a good idea or not. You can get reco ones on ebay for ~$120.

All this said, my problems started after the cleaned injectors were fitted, but I haven't had an issue since I cleaned the throttle body (esp. the IAC valve and port) and did an ecu reset.

muggo05

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VT GTS
All this said, my problems started after the cleaned injectors were fitted, but I haven't had an issue since I cleaned the throttle body (esp. the IAC valve and port) and did an ecu reset.

well i know what i'm doing this week then!!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
oh ok cheers for that aceventura :thumbsup: , i got a service comming up soon, ill get them to clean all my injectors for me, prob safer doing that then buying other ones

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
I haven't had an issue since I cleaned the throttle body (esp. the IAC valve and port) and did an ecu reset.

Well the car sat in the shed for a few days, and the old problem has returned - it obviously isn't the IAC valve. I am out of ideas!