Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

3 inch crack in windscreen defect?

00vxsc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX L67, ln106 hilux, xr600r
3 inch crack??WTF my wife didnt get defected for her 3 inch crack lol

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
mate if i had one of those cracks on my windscreen id have hit a stoby by now.

JimmyMcDuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Berlina Series II
it sort of depends in qld they dont really crack down on it if its on the passengerside and depends on the attatude of the copper or transport person at the time and how u treat them i guess but anyway its defectable just depends on the situation at the time

No pun intended?

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
Yes I would defect the vehicle. If the glass is crack. If its just a stone chip then no worries.

Only trucks get a better chance of not getting a defect notice because of the type of work they do and the cost to replace the windscreen on a truck, (down time) transport moguls etc etc

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yes its unroadworthy and defectable in most states I think...

...My windscreen is unroadworthy and defectable thanks to some sand abrasion over the face of it...sooo tight

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
ok then , anyone know a cheap place to get a new screen fitted?

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Yes I would defect the vehicle. If the glass is crack. If its just a stone chip then no worries.

Only trucks get a better chance of not getting a defect notice because of the type of work they do and the cost to replace the windscreen on a truck, (down time) transport moguls etc etc

You say this like you're a cop. If so, why do trucks get let off the hook because of the apparent "cost" to replace their windscreen. Since when does cost to the operator offset the inferred safety hazard? Why is this courtesy not extended to other motorists?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
You say this like you're a cop. If so, why do trucks get let off the hook because of the apparent "cost" to replace their windscreen. Since when does cost to the operator offset the inferred safety hazard? Why is this courtesy not extended to other motorists?

Very good point.