Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

mechanics? male Vs female (is there females?)

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
ih all im just going to ask this question, "would you take/want a female working on your car?" just pondering if i should change career paths and start studying to be a mechanic? im currently in retail?

(CODEZ)

formerly cody_vp92
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6
i would have a female work on my car as long as she was fully qualified :thumbsup:

i think this would be the case with most other members on this forum too

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
Listen i dont think it makes a difference when it comes to technical trades such as a mechanic, if you are male or female. Of course it is a male dominated trade. just like any of them. Been a mechanic takes brain not brawn. You wouldn't take your car to a mechanic who was dumb as a brick wall??? would you now

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I wouldn't think twice about it. I imagine that once you had a business set up word would get around about your work (good or bad), just like it does with every other mechanic.
As long as you are qualified and had a good name there shouldn't be a problem

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I couldn't give a **** whether the mechanic was male or female, as long as they do the job properley, they could be an alien for all i care. It's all about the best person for the job required, if the female is better than the male applying for the job, then so be it.

dunno85

life's a garden dig it
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss 6L 6speed
go for it sista like everyone else has said male or female as long as the jobs done right who cares there is female plant mechanics out at my work...

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
go for it. i would rather a chick than a bloke work on my car

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Listen i dont think it makes a difference when it comes to technical trades such as a mechanic, if you are male or female. Of course it is a male dominated trade. just like any of them. Been a mechanic takes brain not brawn. You wouldn't take your car to a mechanic who was dumb as a brick wall??? would you now

takes just as much brawn and brain to do the job, being able to lift and support large gearboxes, 4wd wheels etc is a pretty large part of the trade,

i know a few chicks that are mechanics, nothing wrong with it, but ill say they generally arnt that girly girly if you know what i mean

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Can't ever recall seeing a female mechanic, but as long as she knew what she was doing there's no problem, same as applies for a bloke.

There's a certain amount of brawn involved, I'm sure all of us have had our share of bolts that just don't want to budge, and as Andy says, lifting heavy objects has been known to happen...

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
big dirty guy vs. short skirt bending over my front guard hmmmmmmmmmm let me think about this.......