Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post your car audio system and pictures

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So i had 5 attempts at apllying the vinyl, each one a complete disaster:bang:
So i went with some fabric similar to my door trim which i picked up from lincraft. Got a few strange looks also, walking around the store carrying a door trim lol:whistling

Now i just need to replace all the clips i've busted over the time taking the trim off...-

Attachments

• Photo0224.jpg
    Photo0224.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 531

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
this is my first forum on this site i like all the sound systems of a fair few people i like to say what i have and what i am purchasing soon
I drive a VX EQUIP 2001
I currently have:
a jenson 7'' screen dvd player/cd player
2x Pioneer 4 way 280 watt conixols (frount)
2x Pioneer 3 way 220 watt conixols (rear sides)
1x 12'' responce sub (only tempary) powered by a
2 channle old skool kicker amp

i am soon purchasing:
2 6x9 JL audio (rears parcel shelf)
2 6'' splits maby JL and putting the pioneers in the back doors and the others on the boot lid alone with the amps with carpet
1 kicker 750.5 5 channle amp
2 JL audio 12'' w3v3 subs 600rms total but way underated i think
or 2 kicker 15'' cvr 1000rms with a second mono block im still deciding tho or maby 4 pioneer 1000watt subs
my dad is also an ex audio engaineer and he will help me build the box for good resaults :D

=bullet40=

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive BT-1
i got my vz's system done with the following.

*stinger peripheral sven4 rca convertor

*2 x axis wiring kits

*jaycar 4x100w rms amp

*kicker kx200.2 amp

*Pioneer TS-D1720C splits

*Mtx Thunder6000 series 12" sub

*dynamat on front doors (to do boot and rear doors soon)

not too much but sounds insane...clarity is the best in it...

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
this is my first forum on this site i like all the sound systems of a fair few people i like to say what i have and what i am purchasing soon
I drive a VX EQUIP 2001
I currently have:
a jenson 7'' screen dvd player/cd player
2x Pioneer 4 way 280 watt conixols (frount)
2x Pioneer 3 way 220 watt conixols (rear sides)
1x 12'' responce sub (only tempary) powered by a
2 channle old skool kicker amp

i am soon purchasing:
2 6x9 JL audio (rears parcel shelf)
2 6'' splits maby JL and putting the pioneers in the back doors and the others on the boot lid alone with the amps with carpet
1 kicker 750.5 5 channle amp
2 JL audio 12'' w3v3 subs 600rms total but way underated i think
or 2 kicker 15'' cvr 1000rms with a second mono block im still deciding tho or maby 4 pioneer 1000watt subs
my dad is also an ex audio engaineer and he will help me build the box for good resaults :D

Mate i wouldnt bother with the 6x9s on the parcel shelf if youre going to have subs. The main reason they make 6x9s is because they can produce more bass then a set of 6" speakers, and bass you wont need more of if youre going with 2 x 12" subs ;)
Also, why are you going with a 5 ch amplifier if youre going to buy a monoblock to power the subs?
In my opinion (and im sure others will agree) leave the Pioneer speakers in the rear doors and power them off the head-unit, then buy a decent 2/4 channel amp to power just the front speakers.

mavro

mavro
Reaction score
Website
www.mavromatis.nl
Members Ride
VX 5.7ss
my VX

My small car setup in my VX

Pioneer 5900 7" DVD screen & I-pod contole
Pioneer bluetooth BT 200
Focal 4 amp...4x 75watt rms ( red )
Focal 1 amp..1x 470watt rms ( red )
Focal polyglass 165 vr splits ( front )
Focal polyglass 165CVX (rear doors )
Pioneer 6x9 (not ampt) for filling & for the bluetooth
Pioneer 121 spl sub.. 750watt rms
tsunami 10 farad capacitor
4x 96 blue leds in custom built boot setup

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 398
  • foto1.jpg
    foto1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 356
  • foto5.jpg
    foto5.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 365
  • foto4.jpg
    foto4.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 373
  • foto3.jpg
    foto3.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:

thecommykid

thecommykid
Reaction score
Members Ride
04 vz berlina 3.6
i got my vz's system done with the following.

*stinger peripheral sven4 rca convertor

*2 x axis wiring kits

*jaycar 4x100w rms amp

*kicker kx200.2 amp

*Pioneer TS-D1720C splits

*Mtx Thunder6000 series 12" sub

*dynamat on front doors (to do boot and rear doors soon)

not too much but sounds insane...clarity is the best in it...

nice how much did it all cost you and can you still use your steering controls

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
Mate i wouldnt bother with the 6x9s on the parcel shelf if youre going to have subs. The main reason they make 6x9s is because they can produce more bass then a set of 6" speakers, and bass you wont need more of if youre going with 2 x 12" subs ;)
Also, why are you going with a 5 ch amplifier if youre going to buy a monoblock to power the subs?
In my opinion (and im sure others will agree) leave the Pioneer speakers in the rear doors and power them off the head-unit, then buy a decent 2/4 channel amp to power just the front speakers.

thanks alot holdenboy seems like you no your stuff well i still want the kicker 5 channle amp because my brother has 1 and its the best u can get and also i want to purchase a second amp because if i am running the 2 kicker 15 cvrs it will be to much power with 1000 rms i am looking into getting just 1 1 powerfull monoblock but its still dear and also the 6x9s i like having 6x9s in the shelf my vx is made for the 6x9 soo i cant realy modify it and plus my brother also has them 6x9 and they are mint probly best sounding 6x9 i dont care if its an extra $50 from the 6'' its worth it and also i want the 5 channle amp soo i can power the frount and back speakers with head unit powering the side backs although i realy dont like 20watt rms it makes because thats what im running atm and sounds **** thanks for the advice btw

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
thanks alot holdenboy seems like you no your stuff well i still want
the kicker 5 channle amp because my brother has 1 and its the best u can get
and also i want to purchase a second amp because if i am running the 2 kicker 15 cvrs it will be
to much power with 1000 rms i am looking into getting just 1 1 powerfull monoblock but its still dear and also the
6x9s i like having 6x9s in the shelf my vx is made for the 6x9 soo i cant realy modify it and plus my brother also
has them 6x9 and they are mint probly best sounding 6x9 i dont care if its an extra $50 from the 6'' its worth it and
also i want the 5 channle amp soo i can power the frount and back speakers with head unit powering the side backs
although i realy dont like 20watt rms it makes because thats what im running atm and sounds **** thanks for the advice btw cheers !

and i want the 6 speakers for more sound because with that much bass will easilly take over and i hate having to much bass and no sound i like a even amount of both .... **** load of bass, trebble and mids with quality SQL as u might no is a combination of SQ and SPL ill be shitting over everyones systems once im done haha sorry to be soo cocky lmao

Last edited:

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
also the 5 channle amp is 4x75watt plus the mono 425rm soo i was either getting that and another mono block at 400 -500 rms or 1 1000rms or more still deciding if im getting the jl's or kicker subs .. also i love kicker amps lol ;)
also i like what Mavro has nice stufff mate

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
never been into car audio but this was my mates old setup he had in his vl wagon before some theiving bastards thought they deserved it more than he did... used to make his roof flex

Guyzsubz.jpg