Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Info On Deleting Door Handles

Vs_Esteem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Esteem Series 2 Auto
Hi all
just after some info on deleting door handles an that,an what ya use to open the doors.im looking at doing a few things to my vs as its just sitting in garage with blown box.

tt460

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec
You still need a way to open the doors from the outside, you will find it hard to get it passed legally.

people often hide them near the mirrors and are normally operated by a solenoid, so if your battery goes flat you can be locked out of the car

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
if ya had a dead battery i suppose you could get a good battery and jumper cable, connect one end to ya good battery and get under your car and connect the other positive to the starter cable and the negative cable to the chassis

Vs_Esteem

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Esteem Series 2 Auto
yeah ya be bit pissed if that happens,iv seen a few cars getting around with it done just havent asked them how they open them an info on it

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
there heaps of ways of doing it, folding the mirrors as a handle, you can get rid of the whole handle and have a manual coulour coded flush mount button which you'll hardly see. we just had a monaro at my works stand at the motor show in Melbourne which was electronic door poppers. the idea is the same as the boot release, you press a remote and it pushes the door open about two inches. we are taking the car to the springnats in shepparton if you can, come check it out. for safety, it had extra button somewhere on the car in case the remote went flat (i cant say where that was sorry, like a kill switch, personal choice) and a plug which you could plug in a little external battery in case the main battery was dead. This car is also road registered, I'll post some pics. Also, it look tough as with no handles so you should do it.

M01ST

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VF SSV Redline, 02 VU SS Ute
We did this to my mates mini truck...

After I installed central locking for him, we took the door handle, drilled a hole in the top of the door near inline with the inner doorlock(but on the outside of the car if that makes sense).

We then welded a little round bar about 2 mil in thickness to the door handle mechanism, and it stick out the top of the door. You can buy little caps to go over them from certain ricer shops and maybe supercheap??? We then made a template cut out some sheetmetal and welded it over where the handle holes were, bogged it up and painted.

Not a A1 job but it doesnt look half bad.

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
do you really want to do this little ricer mod to a vs commodore?

bit tacky isn't it?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
do you really want to do this little ricer mod to a vs commodore?

bit tacky isn't it?

do tell how smoothing a panel is "tacky"

least he isnt bolting on monstrous body kit

rocco555

Reaction score
Members Ride
E46 M3
he's not "smoothing a panel", he is installing a gay little gizmo

whats wrong with door handles? all cars have them... in fact the car will just look wierder without them

then he's gotta put up with ppl asking how to open the doors every time, and then have to explain like a nerd that he's gone to a lot of effort to install a useless doovalaky to try and impress people and make them think "wow, i wish one day i too can own a 1995 vs commodore with fully sik door handles"

if your into having an OTT ricer, then go ahead, whatever rocks your boat, but on an old commodore it just doesn't suit

monstrous bodykits and stupid gadgets like this go hand in hand

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
he's not "smoothing a panel", he is installing a gay little gizmo

whats wrong with door handles? all cars have them... in fact the car will just look wierder without them

then he's gotta put up with ppl asking how to open the doors every time, and then have to explain like a nerd that he's gone to a lot of effort to install a useless doovalaky to try and impress people and make them think "wow, i wish one day i too can own a 1995 vs commodore with fully sik door handles"

if your into having an OTT ricer, then go ahead, whatever rocks your boat, but on an old commodore it just doesn't suit

monstrous bodykits and stupid gadgets like this go hand in hand

the op isnt isntalling anything yet. he is asking how to go about shaving the door handles.

one way to do this is with a "gay little gizmo", another way is to extend a standard rod in the existing mechanism and have a little button protrude the outer door skin at the top, this way doesnt need any "useless doovalakys"

people were doing this way before ricers came to surface.

i have removed the lock barrels and smoothed the handle surround to the door metal on mine, i guess thats riceresque aswell?