Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

auto vs manual debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
True, the debate has sort of turned into manual being an art to drive, I just dont thik its that hard, we'll try for ten pages but, for a laugh if not anything else:yeah:

Wow, all that just cause someone said 'its an art to drive manual well'.

If your bro is that good and can match revs, get him to change gears without the clutch. Then we'll see how 'easy' it is ;)

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Love manuals. Hate Autos. Its just what i prefer to drive. I'm pretty handy on the gear changes, and even convinced someone my car had a shiftkit i changed so fast ;)

I'll never ever buy an auto, unless that model doesn't come out in a manual, with every intention of having it converted.
Along with that, when ever i see a drag time, i only ever take notice of the people who made their time with a manual. Anything with an auto is for picking up the shopping in my eyes.
Same here, love manuals and dislike bordering hate autos (can't hate them atm because i have one)!

Sadly i had to buy an auto vehicle, stupid Holden not making Supercharged vehicles manual. Now i've got the work of modifying it. Already got the manual gearbox :) Just gotta get off my ass to do the rest.

Having driven both i do prefer the control of the manuals. You are in control and dont have any lagging. With a manual there is none of this "Power Mode" crap, it's shift when you need to not when the system thinks it should (yes i know you can do a manual shift with autos, but it's not quite the same and in most vehicles the auto boxes are still 4 speed).

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
meh im not really biased, i love driving both...

But I'm going to use stay with an auto because I'm just to lazy to drive a manual everyday, and besides why drive a manual everyday and get sick of it when i can just drive my mates cars? :D lol

I will admit i was using my brothers corolla about a yr ago, and a manual in a 4cylinder is a must for having fun, light little car + manual + rwd = fun fun fun lol

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
If thats the case then Im done here. **** off troll. :wave:

F**k Off troll, well, who getting worked up now?, god help you if you ever get into a powerful car, because that will probably take you about 600 years to master if driving manual takes that long to learn!

Wow, all that just cause someone said 'its an art to drive manual well'.

If your bro is that good and can match revs, get him to change gears without the clutch. Then we'll see how 'easy' it is ;)

Mate, seriously , have you got a real challenge or are you just being funny, I'm no pro driver and I learnt a ranger 15spd without the clutch in a couple of days, give me ANY car, and I'll change up and down clutchless, not even listening to the engine, just by the feel of the box. Just taaap it in, just taaaap it in!!!! Anyway, this is getting boring, till the next thread,:wave::sleeping:

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Hehe, give it a little taaap....

You guys will agree that in the end it's a personal preference. Having said that you do have to be more skilled to drive a manual. Take my mom for example. She was trying to learn a manual car when getting her license but failed at driving, looking down when changing gear, failing hill starts, grinding gears.... She switched to an auto, and passed her license the first time.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
If thats the case then Im done here. **** off troll. :wave:

Hehe, give it a little taaap....

You guys will agree that in the end it's a personal preference. Having said that you do have to be more skilled to drive a manual. Take my mom for example. She was trying to learn a manual car when getting her license but failed at driving, looking down when changing gear, failing hill starts, grinding gears.... She switched to an auto, and passed her license the first time.

Come on mate, its not give it a tap, it just taaap it in:yeah:

Good to see some people still have a sense of humour!! BTW, was that carpet in you car loop pile or plush?

Status
Not open for further replies.