Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Never going to another holden dealership

Exidor

I come in peace.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Used Martian spacecraft
:D Yeah......... I went to Eagers to claim for my busted intake manifold hole (which all the alloytechs engines have) .......... lol "aparently I did it" by tightening the thing i guess when I was on holiday "while driving around, sitting in a spa etc"....

So I guess all the people with an alloytech engine must have all broken that same hole on the intake manifold...........

"Nice one Holden"
If you remove your plenum you'll find that hole
belongs there. It is not a broken bolt hole or
manufacturing fault.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I find the local holden dealer here is excellent. The service guys are friendly and know their stuff, plus the spare parts crew also are helpful.
Can't say the same about the toyota dealership, the exact opposite here, arrogant and useless.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
after years of working in dealerships for holden and ford toyota mazda its easy to see how these things happen there is a lack of talking between the front counter and the workshop , jobs are written up and passed on to the workshop controller you then decides which person to pass the job onto , like most dealership they run on apprentices so in the end you could be paying top dollar $100 an hour to have a 16 yr old kid work on your car under the supervision of a mechanic at the other end of the workshop and a foreman who is stressed out running the workshop and a service manager who has no mechanical trainning what so ever . so ask yourself what are you really getting for your money ???

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
If you remove your plenum you'll find that hole
belongs there. It is not a broken bolt hole or
manufacturing fault.

lol yea, all car manifactures put a screw in their intake manifold for it to snap on it's own leaving a hole aey??? I think not. Bottom line is, if it was un-necessary they should of just not had a hole there with a screw in it in the first place.

Much the same way u can get that aftermarket manifold that obviously they dont have they there.

It is a design fault.......

06vzcalais

Reaction score
haha i have the same hole every other 190 ive looked at has the same hole. old post but meh i dont care its austrliea (australia) day

Last edited:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

06vzcalais

Reaction score
meh **** it im celebrating JDis my friend unlike every other sook who has gone to bed ozzie n proud of it

Last edited:

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Different people will have different experiences with vehicle servicing at official Holden dealerships.

It would be very useful if a Holden Dealership Service section/FORUM was set up on this site with sub-section/SUB FORUM for each dealership business.

People could then go to this FORUM and write threads on their experiences with vehicle servicing at specific named dealerships. New dealership names would be added when a member wished to provide a comment on a dealership name not listed.

FORUM

HOLDEN DEALERSHIPS - VEHICLE SERVICE CENTRES

SUB FORUM

XYZ Dealer service centre

XXX Dealer service centre

YYY Dealer service centre

ZZZ Dealer service centre

etc etc

For one, I would be happy to offer comment on 2 official Holden service centres/dealerships here in Sydney that I have used over a number of years.

If this was done there would be some organised system for people to read the service maintenance experiences of others at particular Holden service dealerships and if a pattern emerges then you gain some idea as to which Holden service centres to avoid for your car servicing in your city or area. As things stand now there are threads spread all over the place on this subject and half the time the dealerships are not named by the writers.

So WHAT ABOUT IT SITE ADMINISTRATOR? Does anyone else think this would be useful?

The dealers will not like this but if they get their act together then they will gain some benefit potentially.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Different people will have different experiences with vehicle servicing at official Holden dealerships.

It would be very useful if a Holden Dealership Service section/FORUM was set up on this site with sub-section/SUB FORUM for each dealership business.

People could then go to this FORUM and write threads on their experiences with vehicle servicing at specific named dealerships. New dealership names would be added when a member wished to provide a comment on a dealership name not listed.

FORUM

HOLDEN DEALERSHIPS - VEHICLE SERVICE CENTRES

SUB FORUM

XYZ Dealer service centre

XXX Dealer service centre

YYY Dealer service centre

ZZZ Dealer service centre

etc etc

For one, I would be happy to offer comment on 2 official Holden service centres/dealerships here in Sydney that I have used over a number of years.

If this was done there would be some organised system for people to read the service maintenance experiences of others at particular Holden service dealerships and if a pattern emerges then you gain some idea as to which Holden service centres to avoid for your car servicing in your city or area. As things stand now there are threads spread all over the place on this subject and half the time the dealerships are not named by the writers.

So WHAT ABOUT IT SITE ADMINISTRATOR? Does anyone else think this would be useful?

The dealers will not like this but if they get their act together then they will gain some benefit potentially.

good idea up until JC gets sued for defamation.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I agree with sean, mods, why don't we do what he has suggested?