Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

flash or not to flash that is the question?

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
ok i went past a road side camera today all was good because i wasnt speeding, the thing was as we were driving towards (not that i previously known) the camera i got a couple of flashers but they were over 200 meters away from the camera. i again have been driving down a highway and been flashed, it distracts the driver (me). i use to do it until a friend said to me what 'if you flash a driver they could be the same person who kills a family member or friend' i believe if you speed, you get caught cop it on the chin.

anyway my point is should/do/who flashes others to let them know they are approaching a camera?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I dont do it, but if people do it, whats the harm? If daylight flashes of light distract you I suggest you get off the road.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
If the person coming towards me isn't going like 20km over the limit i let them know theres a camera coming, but if their speeding i let them go straight through it :)

I've had a couple of people flash me and i'm thinking wtf was that for? then a couple hundred meters up there it is.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Do it all day long

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
I pretty much always flash unless they look like they are doing well over the limit.
I don't have a problem with the people who do 105 on country highways

red_vb

i am a she, not a he...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vb
I dont do it, but if people do it, whats the harm? If daylight flashes of light distract you I suggest you get off the road.

minux my 'distraction' point was more along the lines of what wildvs2 made. its more like wtf when you dont expect it that far away (the highway one happend starting about 1km away and sorry i should have put that was around dusk time). it was on the good old ballarat road...

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I used to do it to some - if I've noticed they were obviously speeding or in a hotted up car I'd let them go.

I've noticed that a lot of tradies and work cars do it to other work cars so I share it back that way.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
I like getting the heads up, I've never had a speeding fine, and I don't speed. But it keeps me alert. I usually have my cruise control set on the limit but if someone flashes I check to make sure it's on that same limit.. or drop it a couple kms incase my speedo is out lol.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
i only flash truck drivers, i drive them myself, and i know that many get paid by the load- not the hour, or under a tight shift. so some speed to keep the quota up- its not their fault. So flash them to give them a heads up. P platers etc... sorry, expect a flash from someone else- if u speed and u get caught, dont complain :p