Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 exhaust $2000 to spend

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey im J im new here
ive gota vz sv6 and blew the trany a week b4 xmas:(
i get my car back tomorow n have a spare $2000 to spend on it
(after paying 3800 to get it bak on the road) to make me happy again:)
a mate recomended i join here.....
I want to do the exhaust ive been sent to hillside pipes in ftg by a mate
he said 4 2000 ill get pacemakers do the cats n the pipes..
I have no idea about this s#%t so any advice or recomendations on a setup that will sound deep n wont loose power (hopefully gain) would b appreatiated!!! I dont want the exhaust place to "see me coming" n get ripped

Cheerz jai

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
For $2000 I'd want full stainless with high-flow cats. I thought the VZ SV6s had twin cats and decent flowing pipes already?

Also did you spend $3800 to fix the tranny?? I'd want it to handle way over 500rwhp for that.

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
The tranny was rebuilt im gettn a cooler put on aswell plus a couple of hoses i needed replacing.. Apparantly the tranny will b stronger than factory... Im doing the exhaust cause im over my car n cant sell it cause i owe too much:( had to get a loan to fix the tranny had a bit left over n my olds slaped me a wod of $ for sympathy... I want to hear my car rumble n more responce/power if possable...

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
You sohuld be able to get a good set of pacemakers, exhaust and tip for about 1400. Shop around, google some places around melbourne.
I wouldnt change the pipes, personally, and leave the cats, but everyones entitled to their opinion.

Side note, and I know its none of my business, but if you owe a heap already, wouldnt you use the 2k to pay off your loan a little?
I paid my loan off asap before I did any major mods, and it feels a lot better using your hard-earned to make your car better as opposed to using the banks

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Im quite depressed bout the whole thing n as i said i need thomething to make me happy when i get in my car its stock instead of ve ssv rims after the zorst im knuckeling down n paying it off... Thats what evry one tells me:) but im growing tired of the ol vz.. Time for a change but i cant sell it. So exhaust it is..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
For $2000 I'd want full stainless with high-flow cats.

This.

Also, not sure what state your in, but Not_An_Abba_Fan is in WA and can hook you up with exhaust stuff.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
if it was me, i'd just get a good quality catback and spend the other grand on a VCM tune.

what state you in.

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I can get the tune pretty cheap apparantly so thats still to come.. I realy want to spend the 2 on an exhaust can anyone recomend somewhere in melbourne i can talk to?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I can supply stainless Hitech extractors, stainless metal hi flow cats and a twin 2 1/4" into single 3" all for under $2k, but you will have to find someone to fit it, or do it yourself. It is all bolt on. You do lose two O2 sensors though, but I can also supply two fittings that have to be welded in to retain them. Without a tune, you will get the power train light if you leave the other sensors out.

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Has anyone done there sv6 zorst in melbourne that is 100% happy with the result? If so wher did u get it done? What did u get done? N how much?

Hot dog?? Resinators?? Twin 2 1/2 to 3?? High flow cats??