Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 exhaust $2000 to spend

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I forgot to ask:
will there b any problem doing the exhaust while running in a reco transmition??

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Has anyone done there sv6 zorst in melbourne that is 100% happy with the result? If so wher did u get it done? What did u get done? N how much?

Hot dog?? Resinators?? Twin 2 1/2 to 3?? High flow cats??

Got mine from The Muffler Man in Prahran, recommended it to a couple of people, not sure what their outcome was :S

It was a custom built exhaust system, no extractors, just the pacemakers and the system, as well as a stainless steel tip. Tis a 2.5" Exhaust.
Total was $700 fitted. And they guy there is a great bloke so he'll help you out a fair bit.
As for the noise, I'm going back soon to make mine louder, it's more of a roar than the deep V8 sound, so it really comes down to what you prefer. I like it though, for an Alloytec, I've tried a few and this one is the best one yet.

Clickeffect

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I thought pacemakers were extractors???? Can someone clear that up 4 me i dont know much????

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I thought pacemakers were extractors???? Can someone clear that up 4 me i dont know much????

Correct, pacemaker is a brand of extractors. Not sure if they sell other parts like mufflers or not tho....

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
**** I meant cats not pacemakers, wasnt thinkin bout what i was posting.
Sorry

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Is it really nescessary to change the cats on a car not making any more power then factory?

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Depends on what mods you've got.
I had an SS Growler CAI already in my car, as well as my Tune done, so I figured you might get a bit of extra grunt by changing them over.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sorry for hijacking your thread OP but I have been told by numerous exhuast places (makes me think there telling the truth because they would be losing money) tell me it's a waste of time changing cats on a N/A stock car. To put things in perspective I got a full custom exhaust for my Toyota Soarer cat back high flow cat. 3 inch from turbo to cat then twin 2.5 inch from cat to muffler either side with chrome tips and all mandrel bent for $1700 and I am in mackay. $2k seems way too much for an exhaust.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
He's got 2k to spend, doesnt mean he will use the whole 2k
And I see where you're coming from with the whole NA stock car not worrying bout the cats.
If I had my time again, I wouldnt change them, but honestly, its not detrimental to my car, so Im not too fussed.

For an alloytec I think just an exhaust system would do, leave the extractors and the cats, but thats just from my experience, some people may have had different experiences.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
In all honesty I would just get some extractors, and the pipes. Holden have been putting very good cats in their cars for years, so unless they are rooted or really old then I'd leave them alone. Besides the SV6s have 2 in them already, way more then enough.

I'd probably get the dual into single system like Not_An_Abba_Fan has suggested, but see if you can listen to a few cars, if you know some people with them, or even go around to a few shops, they should have some like systems on cars in the shop.