Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] flashed doing 70 in a 70 zone?

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
speedo is not out at all, i had cruise control on and the only reason i didnt slow too 60 is because i did not see a sign.
and its not that i wasnt looking, i see every speed sign.

A moment of inattention is all it takes. Hence why i am a little narky when i have passengers (freakin parrots). And i haven't used cruise control before, but wouldn't the cruise control be relying on the speedo to determine the speed of the car. Therefore if the speedo is playing up the cruise control isn't going to pick it up?

ya last one couldnt have been flashed on orange no such thing

Yet. But you can still get done by a copper for doing so, same as running a red light.

Minux, the road is clearly marked with TWO 60 signs, before the intersection.

But the OP swears they weren't there so they musn't be, all in your imagination apparently.

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i didnt see them otherwise i would have slowed down, i drove past again too double check and there was 1 but it was not exactly in your face.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
i didnt see them otherwise i would have slowed down, i drove past again too double check and there was 1 but it was not exactly in your face.

What happened to the otherone? Did it look like it was smashed into? If so, you might ave a leg to stand on, but like i said, both were there about a week ago when i was on that road......

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
What happened to the otherone? Did it look like it was smashed into? If so, you might ave a leg to stand on, but like i said, both were there about a week ago when i was on that road......

i didnt stop too check, is your photo heading toward port road or towards elizabeth because i was head toward port road.
didnt think too stop and check for the other one because i seen that the one on the left was there and thought `****` and kept driving..... i could have sworn there were more trees around than in that google maps pic aswell.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
The google maps pic is about a year or so old, i was just pointing out where the signs are (about 100 metres before the intersection)

And yes, its the same direction you would have been travelling (theres no signs on the opposite side, only a 70 sign parallel to where those 60 signs are)

Make sure you get pics if you want any chance of fighting it (and as soon as possible, because theres usually 2 signs, so if one was smashed into it will be replaced quickly). Specifically a pic of each side of the road, where the left sign was obscured, and where the right sign 'should' have been.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I got flashed through that intersection aswell (had cruise set to 70 from the previous zone) didnt cop a ticket that time -- lucky I guess.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, bloody southerners not knowing their road rules. I never speed on your roads danni......

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
I got flashed through that intersection aswell (had cruise set to 70 from the previous zone) didnt cop a ticket that time -- lucky I guess.

how does that work i wonder, i would have thought everyone flashed would get a ticket.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
how does that work i wonder, i would have thought everyone flashed would get a ticket.

The camera's arent always in, they rotate between them. But the flash still activates. Or there were 2 cars in the shot, and they couldn't be sure which one was speeding.