Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is 100km per hour too fast for sealed country roads ?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
oh i dunno... SA still doesnt have the power to weight restrictions for p platers..YET!
buit imagine this, im 230 k's from adelaide, throw in the traffic, roadworks and 30 minutes of 80 zones till im on the highway, theres minimum 3 hours to get to adelaide....

imagine if they added another half hour just by dropping the speed limit to 100??? faaaaaaark they would need 3 driver reviver sites on the sides of the road just incase you need a coffee hit lol

vr94ss

walks barefoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS '94/Subi B4 TT '01
Experienced = You had a baby in you for 9 months and then gave birth, anything else and you were just a bystander, not experiencing it.

Get back under your bridge.

I am under my bridge! You just don't realise how far the internet has spread! And I still say I experienced it;) I was there from go to whoa, just in a different way than my wife.

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
I bet that percent were city drivers too...

Try having to travel more than 20ks a day and tell yourself 100 is too fast

i personally think if people cant control a car at 100kph on an open road they shouldnt have a licence in the first place

roy38

Reaction score
Members Ride
thunder
Unfortunately we have to cater for the lowest common denominator, who is getting dumber by the week. Won't be long til freeways are 90...

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
on some roads 100lph is to fast ....on other roads 110kph is to slow ..............always been the same way and always had the same answer boredom sets in on many roads
comes back to the same old story governments all around manipulate whatever they want to ....and we vote for them !

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
Unfortunately we have to cater for the lowest common denominator, who is getting dumber by the week. Won't be long til freeways are 90...

most freeways are 90 or less thanks to many slow drivers who cant handle driving at 100 in traffic

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
Where I live, some of our highways 'used' to be 110km/h, they dropped them to 100, against a lot of opposition to keep it at 110.
It's like 100km or more between towns out here, so 100 is too slow, causing fatigue, and accidents.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Why the hell are we cappering to useless people!?

Set a standard and make the populace caper to it!

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I know!

Its called a limit becuase its the maximum you can do, you are allowed to go less than the limit, why hinder other drivers just becuase there are retards who cant drive?

well those 1 in 4 people should just 90 in a 100 zone and everything will be fine :beer chug: