Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vicpol and Vic gov another cash grab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Yes. I'm quite sure that when I'm out driving with 9 other cars around me, they don't all have illegal tint. Since mine is legal, surely that means the other 9 are illegal? According to your statement anyway. Considering the majority of the cars are driven by usual family type people, and not some hoon with black tint, they usually stick to darkest legal.

well i dont know where your driving, but i spend a lot of time on the road and today paying extra attention, i can say i saw probably 8 oyt of 10 tinted cars were illegally tinted, say what you want but bottom line now is illegal tint= defect notice= roadworthy to be obtained= money to be spent by the owner for repairs= money to the taxman, to me its a cash grab plain and simple

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
It is just the way things are ........the rules are set so if you have yours tinted darker than legal expect to be pulled up and defected ...........that being said IF you drive a van with no side windows .......and it happens to be a meat van that you cannot see through the rear window or you drive a pan-tech THAT is legal .....................makes you wonder how they decide on what tint is allowable !

yeh its just funny that they are enforcing it now....why not 20 or 10 years ago????????????????

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Huh my tint is darkest legal, my parents tint is darkest legal, my brothers tint is darkest legal, go figure. Not a cash grab, an idiot grab, you knew the risks before getting the tint done so you run the risk of getting caught.

Why the hell you need anything darker than say Midnight Express, is beyond me.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
well i dont know where your driving, but i spend a lot of time on the road and today paying extra attention, i can say i saw probably 8 oyt of 10 tinted cars were illegally tinted, say what you want but bottom line now is illegal tint= defect notice= roadworthy to be obtained= money to be spent by the owner for repairs= money to the taxman, to me its a cash grab plain and simple

Quit your whinging. Your the one that chose to illegally tint your windows, so deal with it. Get caught, pay the fine, and don't make bitchy threads on here about it because you wont get any sympathy. You must be blind if every car you see has illegally tinted windows. How do you know they are anyway? Do you go up to each window with a special device to test it? Or are you just confusing yourself by looking at a car in bad light.

yeh its just funny that they are enforcing it now....why not 20 or 10 years ago????????????????

It's always been enforced. Police have been checking tint for as long as I can remember. Just because they're checking it specifically in one area, doesn't make it any different. Give up before you make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Huh my tint is darkest legal, my parents tint is darkest legal, my brothers tint is darkest legal, go figure. Not a cash grab, an idiot grab, you knew the risks before getting the tint done so you run the risk of getting caught.

Why the hell you need anything darker than say Midnight Express, is beyond me.

well if your happy being the pillar of society thats well and good, but as i said its a cash grab, its not a capital crime having dark windows, i just think their efforts would be better spent on other things

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
it has been enforced for many years plain and simple ,in fact part of a yearly rego check(NSW) years ago the examiner had to have a window tint light measuring device to check your car with ,tell me when you had your windows tinted did you know the rules ???
My son drove a vs ute around with 5% tint on the front screen ..........yep illegal and nope he never got picked up for it
Bottom line is If you know the rules and go outside them eventually you will get picked up ,and in all honesty cant complain as you knew what was allowed !
personally i would say maybe 1 or 2 cars in every hundred would have darker than legal tint !

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Quit your whinging. Your the one that chose to illegally tint your windows, so deal with it. Get caught, pay the fine, and don't make bitchy threads on here about it because you wont get any sympathy. You must be blind if every car you see has illegally tinted windows. How do you know they are anyway? Do you go up to each window with a special device to test it? Or are you just confusing yourself by looking at a car in bad light.

It's always been enforced. Police have been checking tint for as long as I can remember. Just because they're checking it specifically in one area, doesn't make it any different. Give up before you make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.
Gee stocky your a deadset legend mate hooray for you

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Its not the people putting illegal mods on their cars that annoys me, its the dipshits that whinge when they get caught

Status
Not open for further replies.