Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Doing a burnout in your driveway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn commodore executive
Match those scented beasts with a set that smoke up pink and then these fairy's may actually enjoy a burnout

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Mate,
You are the biggest whiney bitch ever.
...power tools, they're so loud, oh I better go talk to him....

You have also contradicted yourself more than a few times... How is a party fine but I can't work in my garage with power tools without you coming over whinging..
You are a peasant, you have nothing better to do than to argue an empty point...

Ben

Peasant huh? I assume you missed that particular day in English class that was supposed to teach you how to read?

Where have I contradicted myself? Examples please.

Uneducated fool.

illusionalvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
toyota lexcen - vr.
just go do a hoop out the front of a kindergarten. much more safe.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
That totally sucks i do it in my driveway so i am not harming anyone but the old grump next door winges that his house is full of smoke meanwhile my other neighbours come out and love it as much as me!

If his house is full of smoke then it sounds like you are harming someone.

And how come you have more of a right to do a burnout in your driveway, make noise and smoke the place up than what he has to not be affected by your activities?

If you want to have fun or whatever, don't do it at the expense of others peace.

Legally, I'm sure the police will be more than happy give you a bunch of fines around noise polution, polution in general in regards to the smoke and then they will go over your car with a fine tooth comb searching for defects.

A burnout doesn't seem worth all that.

they cannot book you on speculation but keep it under 130 db in the day time and you are free to burn away.. but if they see you do it they will try and slap safety regulations on you etc.

i also had a run in with a grumpy neighbour when i was adjusting the gain levels on my amp to run my subs in harmony with my music when old beryl(not really her name) from across the road came over and complained that "every single house in the street is vibrating" and that stuff was falling off her shelves. i apologised and finished my tuning in a secluded area.. when i told my father he said i should have told her to go get f'ed.. then move my car infront fo her house and do it.. haha although its funny i dont think it would have went down too well.

...pics or it didnt happen =P

You old man strikes me as a bit of a tool. Sounds like a big man giving you advice to tell a old woman to f-off.

You did the right thing however, lets hope you don't grow up to be like your old man.

I'm shocked to see how many people in this thread show a blatant lack or respect for their neighbours, hate to be living next to some of you.

I understand some neighbours are just whinging for the fun of it, but getting a bit shitty about "occasionally" having to listen to and smell a burnout in next doors driveway strickes me as fair enough.

As I said, why does one person have more of a right to have "fun" in a way that effects others around them while the others around them don't have as much right to not be disturbed in their home?

Last edited:

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
There's so many people posting about how they'd hate people doing burn outs next door all the time and generally bi***ng about it etc.. The OP clearly said that they're lucky if they do it twice a year. What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.