Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

worlds most expensive pet.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I spent around $2K on my puppy back in the 80's when she ate snail bait. She spent a week in intensive care and had to have surgery to coat her stomach. All looked lost for a while as she refused to eat and just got weaker after she came out of intensive care. The vet nurse was carrying her around the surgery this particular day and was feeding the cats. My dog started to get excited and was trying to get down, she wanted to eat the cat food. From then on for about a year she would only eat cat food and lived till about 16 years of age.

A friend of mine has a pug dog and the bill is currently around 3K for heart and lung surgery. He still has to have more surgery.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Jesus tap dancing christ.

So much money on animals.
80c for a .22 and about $500 for another well bred dog. Win.

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
Jeez you guys should own a great dane. Vet bills arent cheap.

When he was a pup he had a low immune system mainly due to being a pure bred. He was effected by demedex mite which every dog has but any dog with a good immune system it doesnt worry. The vet had to put him on medication for cattle because no manufacturer for the medication made it strong enough because of his size (73kg's). It cost me $400 for 500ml. Each bottle lasted 2 months. He was on it for over a year...

Had him checked for hip displaysia, the xray cost about $1000 because of the doses of medication being so large.

He now has a heart murmor (Hes 7 now) and needed an ultrasound. That cost $1000.

But let me tell you now, SHOP AROUND. There are alot of vets that overcharge. And i mean OVERCHARGE!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I had to put my cat down with a hammer when she got a broken jaw, poor thing was only 9 months old, would have cost $2500 just to fix her... I hate living 2 hours out of town.

But i'm with Soop, sometimes not all of us can afford to keep our pets alive with us... Either that or we just can't get them to the vet.

that's not putting it down that's beating it to death with a hammer
bundaberg is not a small town surely they would have vets

RSPCA would have a field day with you.

we once had a cat that got attacked by a dog cost $300 to get it's intestines put back in

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm afraid i don't get attached to animals to spend money like that.

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Well we do get attached....spent just under 8 grand for spinal surgery on our dog.
And we would do it again....hes 1 of the family

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
:p
Honestly the one time I've done it. It was the most Humane thing to do.
One shot right into the base of his skull. His hinde quarter was squashed flat after a caine truck run him over. He didn't feel the shot all Guaranteed.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Yeah sometimes the quick options the best one.

My mates father had around 15 horses about the time the flood was going on, rspca, ses all refused to help him they were up to their neck in water few of them got washed away he opted to give them a bullet each rather than have them drown hours even days later.

But on family pets i recall when i was younger the family cat was hit by a 4wd vet bill was about $500. Walked around with its head tilted for the rest of its life but we loved the thing. It even went missing for 8 months then turned up at the front door.