Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Spent the last half hour looking over what you've done with it over all this time, #### me have you put some work into this car!

And given me many ideas of stuff to do to mine down the track, better start saving a year ago :p

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
When I start customizing my VS I should get you to shave my doors. XD Maybe.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air

There's a big line man.. Lol. He still needs to do my doors, shaved and painted.. Lol

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
yeah mate, im the apprentice mechanic there, was having a chat to your old man while the fitter was doing the alignment, those rears where rooted....almost had to pull the rear of your exhaust off to do the alignment because it hangs so low...those potenza are an awesome tyre tho.

Hahaa. Its too low... Yeah dad was saying you guys were having a hard time because the exhaust was in the way. Cheers for getting it sorted though!

Spent the last half hour looking over what you've done with it over all this time, #### me have you put some work into this car!

And given me many ideas of stuff to do to mine down the track, better start saving a year ago :p

Lmao, yeah I know, I was just going through all the old photo's on the computer and dayyyyuummm!!
I forgot just how much work has gone into it, untill the photos jog my memory, then all the pleaure AND pain comes rushing back!!

Cheers for sticking with it and getting to the end! hopefully you can learn from my mistakes, or successes to save some mucking around too. :)

the rear of your car looks like sex.

dont get rid of the chrome surround it looks so clean.

Cheers mate, I must admit, I'm growing quite fond of it too. Just add's that little touch to it. :D

Just frustrates me to no end that I can't keep the bloody thing clean anymore - working in a quarry it gets filthy the day after I wash it... :(

:rofl2:
I think I'll let Gillette do all the shaving for a bit.. :p

Was thinking of getting stuck into this VN, but decided to hold off for now!

There's a big line man.. Lol. He still needs to do my doors, shaved and painted.. Lol

Yess, true, if I do get back into it, you'll be ontop of the list mate :) lol.. IF ;)

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally fitted the chrome strip, and grille!! Just need to modify it, or get a badge...

P3220775.jpg

P3220776.jpg

####ing ####... 2 in 2 days... Council can go eat a fat dick. Maintain your roads ####ers!!

P4170798.jpg

P4170799.jpg

P4170801.jpg

P4170803.jpg

Had to drive on that for an hour and 20mins to get home, no spare as it happened the day after the first one...
Tyres were like 2 and a half months old...

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
FARKK!!!..
do what i did.. ring the council and say your have a qutoe for 2 new mags and want to know who to pass it onto.

If you want me to rewrite my nasty letter for you let me know...

as for the chrome front lip.. i'm still unsure if i like it or not..

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pics don't do the chrome strip much justice - looks better in person. (IMO)

Yeah man, if you could that'd be great, been stewing over it for the last few days.
Just not sure who to write to, or what to say.. :/

First one was on the way to work at like 5:30am Friday morning, then the next was at 7:30pm-ish on the Saturday evening.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
howd you go fitting that chrome strip? can you just tape it on or do you need the screw holes? ive wanted one for ages but seeing as its for the vz bonnet with deeper 'slits' in the bonnet i didnt think it would look good but looks great, just hope i can get away without drilling holes in my bonnet if i wanna change it later.
cant wait to see it with a badge haha

Essassin

Bends spacetime
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Wagon, E36 318is Coupe
Get photos of the bits of the road that damaged your car if possible, put something next to it to show how big it is. Same thing happened to my mate, he took photos, got quotes for new wheels/repairing the existing ones n all that...council bought him 2 new rims :)