Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ThIn oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruiserbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202 base model
my car started blowing smoke bad the other day so I checked the oil and it was really thin almost like the consistancy of water. I changed the oil today and as soon as I started the engine up and when IChecked the oil it had already turned to the water consistancy.
Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know what the hells going on??

bruiserbrad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202 base model
I was thinking it could be my fuel pump leaking into my oil? Could this be a possibility? How could I fix it or check it?? Any help would be much appreciated

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
you cold have a crack in your fuel pump in the diaphragm....undo the sump plug or check the dipstick if it smells of petrol then thats what id say it is

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you cold have a crack in your fuel pump in the diaphragm....undo the sump plug or check the dipstick if it smells of petrol then thats what id say it is

bush_paper_dumb_whitehouse_gov.jpg

WTF am i reading???

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
So should i put my face right up against the sump when i undo the sump plug to check for a smell or wait?

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother

Ummmm.... unless I am mistaken(...and I am NOT a mechanic) the fuel & oil systems in any modern internal combustion engine are completely independent of each other.

So, WTF????

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well, the mechanical pump attaches to the side of the block and is oiled, so theor-echnically it is possible, but the chances of the pump diaphram leaking, then fuel miraculously running through the pump assembly, down into the pump crank, then BACK UP into the engine, are really really really reallly low.

if i had a clue what the OP was on about i would post some kind of better answer, but for now i am just left speechless.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Is anyone else thinking apart from fuel in the oil... such as maybe the watery consistency is... well.... water?? Head gasket cracked?

Status
Not open for further replies.