Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vacuum leak( hiss sound)

nikstik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 wagon
Hay Guys I keep hearing a off and on hissing sound coming from just behind the drivers side rear rocker cover. Its driving me mad as I can't seem to track down whats leaking.
Its very quite and intermittent and no fluid is present. Its leaking air I'm sure but what??

Niko.

darcycammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did have VS Berlina now have VT Berlina
how high is your rpm because maybe a hose has come off or has a crack in it somewhere ?

noddycommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore bt1
Your brake booster may have fractured or is starting to rust out. If you un plug your booster and block the vaccine line going into it see if the hissing noise goes way

nikstik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 wagon
Brake booster is good, it seems to be coming from right next to the rear of the rocker cover and its not a very loud hiss. Will try and check more today.

nikstik

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series2 wagon
Don't think so as its coming from that back corner more near the engine. Had another look see just now and it almost sounds like its coming from the trani filler tube but not. Prob is its not a constant sound so I can't locate it quick enough.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
It can't be the actual rocker cover leaking or oil would be present and it wouldn't be making a hissing noise. It has to be one of the vaccum lines going into the plenum area. Have a very thorough check over all these hoses. A small split can be hard to see, so you'll need to just take your time.