Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI or NOT?

bluessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Thunder Ute
I had a 2009 Commo SV6 ute and it had the big black engine cover but it certainly wasn't SIDI. It was an auto and had the 5 speed auto. Didn't the SIDI's launch using the 6L50 auto box too??

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Nothing like knowing if you're buying parsley or real gear...sheesh.

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
17062011312.jpg

There you go :) beauty

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
you already have your answer, but...

afaik every SIDI out there is mated to the updated auto gearbox... ie 6spd (and a hell of a lot less 'clunky').
go for a drive and wack it in 'tiptronic' mode... if you see a '6' come up as you flick up gears, chances are you got a SIDI (and thank your lucky stars :)).
i'd rather have the wrong parts and the right engine, then the right parts and the 'wrong' engine :).

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
Hussy, i have the 3.6 sidi and have no big problems getting parts ... if you go to pretty much any exhaust shop you can get extractors etc for the sidi, the only problem is that with the extractors because the oxygen sensor has to be moved, it triggers the engine warning light... i know Castle Hill Exhaust can tune them to get rid of that light but they claim that they are the only one ... i sure havent found anyone else. i have a few different mods and i havent had any difficulty in getting parts for my car yet... good luck