Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hidden Ecotec mods..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Yeah guess so, well i know fk all about mangmang engines so this is where i leave this thread

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I dont get what is wrong with some people in this thread the op is asking what mods he can do to his V6. He might like his V6s hence the word enthusiast.
Also V6 motor can handle 100hp kit or lower nos kit. Be it dry or wet.
I have seen and installed nos kits nothing crazy.
Also most dry kits come with positive pressure solenoids when nos is armed the solenoid will apply positive pressure to the fuel pressure reg raising the pressure in the fuel rail more fuel.
If you were to go 150-200hp than that becomes more complex in regards to fueling. But i dont see why he cant have some fun with the 100hp and lower.
Hell why dont the v8 owners on this forum go buy a V10 bmw

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Alright let me get this straight.. Using myself as an example. Because I'm a p plater which therefore I can't drive v8's and what not, I am up myself because I have a high paying job and a nice car which I want to make sound good and go abit better then standard? Wtf!!

I am generalising and stereotyping mate. Not everyone is the same as what I described. I'm talking about an attitude among young males on P's with modified cars, be it commodores, Skylines, whatever, thinking they are top **** in their little modded up cars which they thrash around. P Platers in modded V6's (ranging from a catback to a Pod filter, rarely anything fantastic) think they're car is the **** and a rocket ship, on the road off the road, they're all dicks about it. Nothing wrong with spending a little bit of money on a V6 on your P's. I did, I made 123rwkw out of mine, but difference is, I keep it in perspective what my car is, it's not a beast, it's not fast, and it's not top ****.

I dont get what is wrong with some people in this thread the op is asking what mods he can do to his V6. He might like his V6s hence the word enthusiast.
Also V6 motor can handle 100hp kit or lower nos kit. Be it dry or wet.
I have seen and installed nos kits nothing crazy.
Also most dry kits come with positive pressure solenoids when nos is armed the solenoid will apply positive pressure to the fuel pressure reg raising the pressure in the fuel rail more fuel.
If you were to go 150-200hp than that becomes more complex in regards to fueling. But i dont see why he cant have some fun with the 100hp and lower.
Hell why dont the v8 owners on this forum go buy a V10 bmw

You missed the point, the OP wants to know what 'hidden' mods he can do, to try and hide his illegal performance enhancing modifications from the cops. Hence why he is copping the ****. I have no problem if you want to spend money on modifying a V6...that's completely each to their own's sort of thing... your own prerogative.

Not for p platers.. But If you dont drive like an idiot you won't get pulled up.

Yeah, that helps, still doesn't help the fact that on the odd occasion that you do get inspected, they find illegal mods...you're still stuck with the same problem.

But honestly this bloke is saying cause I drive a v6 which I'm restricted to, I can't touch it at all because v8's are quicker. It's not a competition... It's a passion.. A restricted passion at that. Pisses me off

Not what I'm saying mate, your jumping to conclusions. Read my above response.

haha, so cops cant pull you up as long as you arent being a douche?

that is all well and good, but how does your insurance company feel about you driving a modded 6 on your P plates?

Come claim time, you better hope your clean!

Nah I mean if you don't draw attention to yourself you will be fine. I have never been defected and have never has the car checked over.

The insurance is under my mums and my name.. And when I applied for it I wrote down all the
Mods and stuff.

Ok so say you do have engine mods, your on P's, that's illegal in NSW? Cop pulls you over, 'mate you have engine mods that's illegal on your P's'

So your mum is covered under all circumstances. You arse end a brand new euro and do $20k damage, all your mods are covered, but come your claim, they realise that your license says that your not allowed to drive a car with performance enhancing engine modifications - they have full right to deny your claim as you have violated your license restrictions.

It's that simple.

Yeah that's fair enough man and I understand about the insurance issues and legal stuff but this is the v6 development section.. He wants advice so we should just give it to him.

Nah my mum is primary.

OP Wants advice to do 'hidden' mods from the cops, he is asking us for illegal advice lmao, it's the way he's asking for it which is why the rest of us old members are getting shitty.

I don't give a crap about how many mods you do to your car on your P's, if you want to make it faster or mod it, then go do it, but you know the risks - so go live with them...none of this under the rock **** of saying 'how can I make my car faster but so the cops won't see it'

This has been covered about a billion times on this forum and we're all sick of the same stupid questions getting asked over and over again.

####in end rant/

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
I am generalising and stereotyping mate. Not everyone is the same as what I described. I'm talking about an attitude among young males on P's with modified cars, be it commodores, Skylines, whatever, thinking they are top **** in their little modded up cars which they thrash around. P Platers in modded V6's (ranging from a catback to a Pod filter, rarely anything fantastic) think they're car is the **** and a rocket ship, on the road off the road, they're all dicks about it. Nothing wrong with spending a little bit of money on a V6 on your P's. I did, I made 123rwkw out of mine, but difference is, I keep it in perspective what my car is, it's not a beast, it's not fast, and it's not top ****.

ok now it makes more sense.. i know exactly what you mean. but you cant generalise and stereotype someone when there asking for some advice, you dont know what his attitude is like.

you can say something like this is what you can and cant do.. legal and illegal. instead of ripping the poor bastard to pieces

Cunningstunter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Poor OP hasn't really had many responses from this. To the older members who don't like his attitude or way he's asked I don't really agree. He actually kept it fairly short, on the flip side he could've asked the same Q's without mentioning a few extra details. . . .

I don't know much about the V6s. Til I got the SSV and being a bike racer/stunt rider I had always viewed cars as a point A to B thing. Then I got a bit older and could afford nicer cars and I got the V6 VX and now the V8 VE.

Now getting to the point of this dribble - you say you're on apprentice wages? What kind of trade? If it's mechanics then I can fully understand the need to modify/learn etc, in fact the type of trade has little to do with this BUT if you're a mechanic (or car trade in general, panel beaters etc) it's going to be easier/cheaper to do these things.

What I don't really understand is you say you don't have alot of coin but to do the hidden things you speak of would cost around 5-6K. That's a fair wedge of pie in anyone's language SO I'm not gonna say get the V8 - but how long will you keep the car? Once off restrictions will you keep it? If you're thinking you'd move on immediately then I'd do simple, cheap mods that aren't going to land you in deep poo poo with the insurance companies and that really should be your main concern.

Injure or kill someone and they will investigate and your life is OVER. If they were prove that the person was speeding by a reasonable amount and a stock V6 shouldn't be able to do that sorta speed (thinking about when you pull out from an intersection and floor it then crash. The distance and speed will be checked so if you've managed to get up to 100kph in a short distance I'd be digging further....)

That being said, I've made legal and illegal modifications to all my vehicles over the years so I'm not saying don't do it or to buy a V8, just think about the longer term. You're still young, no need to rush these things, if you really wanted something with edge I'd be saving hardcore, keep things simple with the current car to further save $$ (is running NOS and subsequent engine failures gonna save you $$ ?) then once you can really mod it got spastic with all that cash you've saved.....that's me, and I'm not you so don't take it the wrong way at all.

If you're gonna keep it longer term or not, perhaps getting the diff gears done, mild exhaust and some in car entertainment will keep you amused long enough to build that S/C, TT, NOS fitted or fitted to a new car you've always wanted . . . .be it 4, 6,8 or even a V10....

Best advice, no matter which route you take, always ensure your tyres, brakes, suspension are in good working order, don't drive like a twat especially around targeted 'hoon' area's and you'll be right. Good luck with it!! Post up some pics! :)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Poor OP hasn't really had many responses from this. To the older members who don't like his attitude or way he's asked I don't really agree. He actually kept it fairly short, on the flip side he could've asked the same Q's without mentioning a few extra details. . . .

I don't know much about the V6s. Til I got the SSV and being a bike racer/stunt rider I had always viewed cars as a point A to B thing. Then I got a bit older and could afford nicer cars and I got the V6 VX and now the V8 VE.

Now getting to the point of this dribble - you say you're on apprentice wages? What kind of trade? If it's mechanics then I can fully understand the need to modify/learn etc, in fact the type of trade has little to do with this BUT if you're a mechanic (or car trade in general, panel beaters etc) it's going to be easier/cheaper to do these things.

What I don't really understand is you say you don't have alot of coin but to do the hidden things you speak of would cost around 5-6K. That's a fair wedge of pie in anyone's language SO I'm not gonna say get the V8 - but how long will you keep the car? Once off restrictions will you keep it? If you're thinking you'd move on immediately then I'd do simple, cheap mods that aren't going to land you in deep poo poo with the insurance companies and that really should be your main concern.

Injure or kill someone and they will investigate and your life is OVER. If they were prove that the person was speeding by a reasonable amount and a stock V6 shouldn't be able to do that sorta speed (thinking about when you pull out from an intersection and floor it then crash. The distance and speed will be checked so if you've managed to get up to 100kph in a short distance I'd be digging further....)

That being said, I've made legal and illegal modifications to all my vehicles over the years so I'm not saying don't do it or to buy a V8, just think about the longer term. You're still young, no need to rush these things, if you really wanted something with edge I'd be saving hardcore, keep things simple with the current car to further save $$ (is running NOS and subsequent engine failures gonna save you $$ ?) then once you can really mod it got spastic with all that cash you've saved.....that's me, and I'm not you so don't take it the wrong way at all.

If you're gonna keep it longer term or not, perhaps getting the diff gears done, mild exhaust and some in car entertainment will keep you amused long enough to build that S/C, TT, NOS fitted or fitted to a new car you've always wanted . . . .be it 4, 6,8 or even a V10....

Best advice, no matter which route you take, always ensure your tyres, brakes, suspension are in good working order, don't drive like a twat especially around targeted 'hoon' area's and you'll be right. Good luck with it!! Post up some pics! :)

finally we have someone who drives a v8 and is actually giving the OP some usefull advice!!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
there is plenty of useful advice in this thread. NOS is a **** idea, dont be a douche with illegal mods, try and not drive behind cars that you cant afford to pay off in an accident.

if he wanted to know what kind of exhaust to get there is 11ty billion threads on that

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
there is plenty of useful advice in this thread. NOS is a **** idea, dont be a douche with illegal mods, try and not drive behind cars that you cant afford to pay off in an accident.

if he wanted to know what kind of exhaust to get there is 11ty billion threads on that

Useful advice is information that they WANT to hear, not sensible...
Go ahead and put nitrous on your car, but DO NOT come back here telling everyone about how nitrous destroyed it after just bolting on a kit and hitting it with 100hp.
I've suggested cams, heads and mods which will help with NA performance, and down the track FI if you're ever that way inclined, but clearly my ideas on performance (after actually DOING THEM MYSELF) are just stupid.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG

Useful advice is information that they WANT to hear, not sensible...
Go ahead and put nitrous on your car, but DO NOT come back here telling everyone about how nitrous destroyed it after just bolting on a kit and hitting it with 100hp.
I've suggested cams, heads and mods which will help with NA performance, and down the track FI if you're ever that way inclined, but clearly my ideas on performance (after actually DOING THEM MYSELF) are just stupid.

Kudos to you blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.