Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hidden Ecotec mods..

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
there is plenty of useful advice in this thread. NOS is a **** idea, dont be a douche with illegal mods, try and not drive behind cars that you cant afford to pay off in an accident.

if he wanted to know what kind of exhaust to get there is 11ty billion threads on that

Its an option he does not have to do it. You can run nos safely no your limits. I have seen motors blow up with out NOS. It can happen with turbos and SC
Why is nos a bad idea. have a look bog standard Vn commodore running nos
YouTube - ‪13's for 1300 VN Commodore‬‏

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
op, could always look at a turbo, mounted really low? All you would see would be the air filter leading to the turbo? depends on your budget tho mate.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Its an option he does not have to do it. You can run nos safely no your limits. I have seen motors blow up with out NOS. It can happen with turbos and SC
Why is nos a bad idea. have a look bog standard Vn commodore running nos
YouTube - ‪13's for 1300 VN Commodore‬‏

why is NOS a bad idea?
because noobs think its a good idea, and fk their engine. as said before its not bolt on unless you run a small shot, any shot over 100hp will need mods, retarded timing, more fuel. there is more equipment then bottles and lines. plus, i know dylan you are talking ****, but here in WA it carries a $10,000 fine. so yeah, i think its the shittest idea going. plus that VN, im going to assume (i know its a big word) that for the price he payed for it its a shitter, and its stripped.

edit: bit of research. YouTube - ‪13's for 1300 Red VN‬‏

weight would go a long way to that jaw shattering speed of 13.51.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
twin turbos mounted really low FTW!

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
just reiterates my earlier posts about a turbo/twin turbo set up :)

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
why is NOS a bad idea?
because noobs think its a good idea, and fk their engine. as said before its not bolt on unless you run a small shot, any shot over 100hp will need mods, retarded timing, more fuel. there is more equipment then bottles and lines. plus, i know dylan you are talking ****, but here in WA it carries a $10,000 fine. so yeah, i think its the shittest idea going. plus that VN, im going to assume (i know its a big word) that for the price he payed for it its a shitter, and its stripped.

edit: bit of research. YouTube - ‪13's for 1300 Red VN‬‏

weight would go a long way to that jaw shattering speed of 13.51.

So i guess top fuel dragsters are noobs then.

You say weight played a part on the time down the quarter mile what about the nos.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
back on topic, you could do a cam, roller rockers, diff gears etc etc, but as it has been asked, how long do you plan on keeping the car after you get off your p's? If you are just going to rush out and get a v8 i wouldnt really bother mate, but each to their own.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
wow, hamatime really is a douchebag.....

Do you feel like actually contributing instead of slandering me without actually understanding what I was saying? Because if you or anyone actually understood then you might think twice before posting useless, and inconsiderate statements like you just have.

Status
Not open for further replies.