Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Decent Roadworthy Testers in Werribee/Hoppers Crossing VIC?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
What did you pay for the RWC and whats the price going up too?

aZk.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Did you say $200 ?. not a miss print.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
I paid $120 for a car with LPG. $110 for non LPG.
Tomorrow it goes up to $150 across the board at that particular place.

I was quoted $200 last week by another place which I obviously didnt end up going to.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Its all this new "tougher legislation" bullshit going round.. i remember when roadys cost $75 ####ing dollars.

aZk.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I paid $120 for a car with LPG. $110 for non LPG.
Tomorrow it goes up to $150 across the board at that particular place.
I was quoted $200 last week by another place which I obviously didnt end up going to.
Very expensive and now i can see why you need it done yesterday... I got to get a rwc for the proton soon. But my VT i'm sure was cheap as chips only 3ish years ago ?. I'll go get my paper work.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
Yeah is exxy. I've booked it in for it's reinspection Thursday. I had 17 items on the list rejected and the car is in being fixed for them all now. Costing another $400. But here's hoping once that's done and the RW place actually drives it that they don't find more wrong. Otherwise I will be up for nto only more repairs, but another rw inspection charge plus no rego after Friday because I will be out of time.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah is exxy. I've booked it in for it's reinspection Thursday. I had 17 items on the list rejected and the car is in being fixed for them all now. Costing another $400. But here's hoping once that's done and the RW place actually drives it that they don't find more wrong. Otherwise I will be up for nto only more repairs, but another rw inspection charge plus no rego after Friday because I will be out of time.

How do they work with regards to the different inspections.. ie. is it $150 for initial inspection.. they find 'x' things wrong, you fix them and come back, is it another $150 for the RWC?

aZk.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
You pay for your initial inspection, then if they reject it you have 7 days to remedy it and have it reinspected free and if it passes you get your RWC. After the 7 days then you have to pay another inspection fee and they redo the entire inspection again.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
IMO, it's not expensive at all. If any of you guys saying it's expensive actually did roadworthys, you certainly wouldn't be saying that. With the amount of crap you have to do/go through these days to complete an RWC inspection (properly), the price is certainly justified.

RK5TAR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Manual
$200 out of a single income family, yes it's expensive for us, especially if for some reason I have to fork out with another inspection fee because for some reason it doesn't pass again within the measly 7 days given to rectify any rejected items. The amount of crap I have had to do and go through to get the car roadworthy is enough and Im not the one getting paid for it. . They're getting paid a pretty penny for something that is for the foreseeable future going to be an in demand service, and for which any tools/equipment etc they have to buy to comply can be claimed back on tax I think they don't have much to whinge about.