Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE Series 2 sports armour

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
Hey guys just fitted the new series 2 sports armor this morning. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 6,825
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 6,646

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
hmmm..... not sure. :hiding:

the black looks good from directly front on, but from the side angle view the front no longer lines up with the side skirts.
also, does installing the armour make the front hang lower than without? ie, arent you more prone to catching the lip on gutters or car park concrete bumpers?

i reserve judgement ;).

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I like it, I think the whole point of the sports armour is to protect the front lip from scraping, so even if it does scrap because it's lower, don't think it matters.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
but if it does hang lower, you're more inclined to rip the sucker off or crack it if you hit something.

mind you, i've caught the front bar when entering unknown driveways... and right at that moment I'm wishing there was some protection under there.

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
Yeah it does sit a bit lower but only about 3mm. Pretty much the thickness of the plastic only.

Yeah the point of it is aesthetics as well as protecting the front bumper from hitting.

sixes

UTEPILOT
Reaction score
Website
www.utepilot.com
Members Ride
VY SS II M6 Ute
Look good.

Is there much room for dirt and stuff to work its way in? If so, then it could rub and stuff the paint anyway. Kind of like people who leave a car bra on forever.

Gravity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY11 SSV Wagon
I like it. Thanks for pictures. The darkness at the lower edge (ie. the armour itself) looks kind of tough.

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
Yeah they're is a slight 1mm gap which is annoying cause I had a car bra on for 1 week during rain, took it off and there was crap everywhere. The good thing is it doesn't budge so it shouldn't scratch regardless of anything going in behind it.

adam_4049

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6
Yeah man I think it looks pretty tuff. I'm thinking of putting these stripes on it, jst the side ones though not over the bonnet. I reckon it will look alryt, continue the lines of the black skirtings from the from around the side. Thoughts on this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4,245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,972