Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The new generation Pontiac's

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Wtf are all these "new generation" cars doing with their looks now? It's like, let's all make our cars look like concept cars, and make them all look the same! The camaro, Mustang, they all look the same!

2011_mustang_wallpaper.jpg

2010camaross008-630.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Wtf are all these "new generation" cars doing with their looks now? It's like, let's all make our cars look like concept cars, and make them all look the same! The camaro, Mustang, they all look the same!

Because to many people (me included), the proportions of cars built in both europe and america in the 60's and 70's muscle car era were spot on. You wouldn't call most of the euro's muscle cars and leaving their reliability issues aside, the styling of old Jags, Aston's, Benz's and the Italian cars were nearly all magnificent as well. The Australian cars (particularly Holden) were also for the most part very nice although the styling usually followed a year or so behind the American trends.

Seriously, would you prefer to have something looking like this in your drive way:

plymouth-cuda%20(5).jpg

or this:

1995-Toyota-Camry.jpg

I'll take a modern interpretation of the classics any day.

Reaper

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
i agree with reaper but if i was going to spend the money, it would be on old school wheels. nothing is worse that jamming away to marvin gaye tracks looking at a digital dash. no thanks...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
i agree with reaper but if i was going to spend the money, it would be on old school wheels. nothing is worse that jamming away to marvin gaye tracks looking at a digital dash. no thanks...

Actually what is now considered old school, the VK Calais starwars dash was the reason I bought my Director back in the day. Yeah the first digital dash's were tacky and dated very quickly but they had character in a decade of terrible plastics and pollution ADR's fixed with air pumps :unsure:.

Reaper

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Actually what is now considered old school, the VK Calais starwars dash was the reason I bought my Director back in the day. Yeah the first digital dash's were tacky and dated very quickly but they had character in a decade of terrible plastics and pollution ADR's fixed with air pumps :unsure:.

Reaper

Do you still have the Director? Those things are worth a fortune now.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Seriously, would you prefer to have something looking like this in your drive way or this

I'd rather not have a Toyota, that's for sure. That statement doesn't really make sense if you say "Would you rather have an old crappy Corolla or a 2011 Nissan R35 Skyline". But yeah I'd rather have an old camaro than a new one.

Anyway, I'd rather it not look like every other 2011 muscle car out there, part of the reason I'd buy a Camaro or Charger etc is for the oldschool looks, I don't like all this new age electronic this and that, butonless start ****. Give it a big engine, f-ck emissions, 100km to a tank of fuel and a **** load of Horsepower and I'll be buying it.

Someone's interpretation, I guess, of a 2011 Chevy Chevelle:
2011-chevelle-Pictures.jpg

Looks like something, can't quite pick it...

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I'd rather not have a Toyota, that's for sure. That statement doesn't really make sense if you say "Would you rather have an old crappy Corolla or a 2011 Nissan R35 Skyline". But yeah I'd rather have an old camaro than a new one.

Anyway, I'd rather it not look like every other 2011 muscle car out there, part of the reason I'd buy a Camaro or Charger etc is for the oldschool looks, I don't like all this new age electronic this and that, butonless start ****. Give it a big engine, f-ck emissions, 100km to a tank of fuel and a **** load of Horsepower and I'll be buying it.

Someone's interpretation, I guess, of a 2011 Chevy Chevelle:
2011-chevelle-Pictures.jpg

Looks like something, can't quite pick it...

Looks like a BMW grill, and the bonnet scoop if way to small.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you still have the Director? Those things are worth a fortune now.

Nah - sold that one 30 or so cars ago. Bought it when they were cheap and sold it when they were not quite so cheap (but still cheap by todays standards). Still wish I bought a blue one when $20k got you something immaculate.

Reaper