Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

I don’t understand.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro CV8R, Landcruiser 100 Series 4.7L
Can someone please explain?

Yesterday the District Court made Barnard eligible for release in just 18 months because of his poor heath and risk of becoming institutionalised.
Barnard, 77, of Ferryden Park, struck a plea bargain with prosecutors under which he confessed to two of 13 child sex offence charges.
He admitted twice abusing Jean, while visiting her home, between 1979 and 1982.
Barnard's criminal history dates back to 1957, when he indecently assaulted a child, and includes offences in the late 1980s.
The paedophile also spent 33 years in Glenside Hospital for mental health issues.
In sentencing yesterday, Judge Paul Rice said doctors believed Barnard's paedophilia "was in remission".
However, they had warned he still posed "a significant risk to children" without counselling and treatment.
Judge Rice said a long jail term would be especially harsh.
He said it would worsen Barnard's mobility issues and depression, while heightening the risk of institutionalisation.
He imposed a jail term of five years and four months, and made Barnard eligible for parole in May 2013.
No justice for being killed as person | Adelaide Now

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about “Barnards mobility issues and depression, or risk of institutionalisation”? :hmmm:

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
This is why abolishing the death penalty was a BAD idea.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Maybe the judge is part of the same paedophile support group? A long jail term isn't harsh enough.

Tie one end of a length of fine high tensile wire to a small potato. Immobilise him and shove the whole potato down his throat. Keep him immobilised until the potato comes out the other end, then pull both ends of the wire until its completely straight.

Then, while he is screaming and dying with his entrails sliced to ribbons inside him, ask him if he is sorry for what he has done.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

Yesterday the District Court made Barnard eligible for release in just 18 months because of his poor heath and risk of becoming institutionalised.
Barnard, 77, of Ferryden Park, struck a plea bargain with prosecutors under which he confessed to two of 13 child sex offence charges.
He admitted twice abusing Jean, while visiting her home, between 1979 and 1982.
Barnard's criminal history dates back to 1957, when he indecently assaulted a child, and includes offences in the late 1980s.
The paedophile also spent 33 years in Glenside Hospital for mental health issues.
In sentencing yesterday, Judge Paul Rice said doctors believed Barnard's paedophilia "was in remission".
However, they had warned he still posed "a significant risk to children" without counselling and treatment.
Judge Rice said a long jail term would be especially harsh.
He said it would worsen Barnard's mobility issues and depression, while heightening the risk of institutionalisation.
He imposed a jail term of five years and four months, and made Barnard eligible for parole in May 2013.
No justice for being killed as person | Adelaide Now

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about “Barnards mobility issues and depression, or risk of institutionalisation”? :hmmm:

Yeah, I don't understand that in todays courts. They take someones quality of life and discomfort into consideration when giving sentences. Meanwhile the scumbag gave no second thought to what he was doing to his victims.

Pieces of **** like are treaded like bigger victims than the victims of their crimes!

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
May he rot in hell for the misery he so easily dispensed on children. I don't give a crap about how he feels or the quality of his life - quite frankly I hope it just gets worse and worse for this scumbag. Let's hope his mental health deterioates to the point that he takes his own life. I bet the bastard will be smiling and laughing as he heads for the nearest playgound if he is let out early.

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe the judge is part of the same paedophile support group? A long jail term isn't harsh enough.

Tie one end of a length of fine high tensile wire to a small potato. Immobilise him and shove the whole potato down his throat. Keep him immobilised until the potato comes out the other end, then pull both ends of the wire until its completely straight.

Then, while he is screaming and dying with his entrails sliced to ribbons inside him, ask him if he is sorry for what he has done.
Lol, you put a bit of thought into that…

Crisis63

Reaction score
Members Ride
And while he deserves to be punished for what he has done how is there an ounce of logic in releasing him if he is not fully rehabilitated. I mean he is not a shoplifter. The consequences of his reoffended are totally unacceptable. I cant explain the level of contempt I have for our legal system. My mistakes I make in my employment I am accountable for. Judges mistakes are far more costly and they should also be held to account.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hmm, can i be charged for slander/defamation if I were to insinuate that the judge enjoys what the criminal enjoys?

I cannot see why else you would let some scum bag rock spider get away with something like this. Perhaps some severe Sharia law wouldnt be so bad in this country...sin with your dick and it is cut off. In this case, just cut the ####s head off and save us all from these filthy perverted ####s.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

I really wish I could. There is no rational logic in sentancing.

Reformed paedophile my arse!

Worsen the poor old man's depression hey? What about the life time of mental suffering he inflicted on his victims?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What about the life time of mental suffering he inflicted on his victims?

You mean the criminals aren't the victims?

Hmm the way sentencing was done these days and how police handle matters I thought the crims were always the victims.