Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Damn I want a Bumblebee!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
car cost in the states
import duties: %7
customs agent fees (approx) 500
GST %10
shipping (approx) $3k
COMPLIANCE $35k
stamp duty %4
registration 700

luxury car tax is only if the car is valued over $70k: if so its 10%

Thanks for that. So I guess the guy I spoke to was fairly accurate with everything but the taxes, looks like they're making around $25 - $30k per car then. Which is probably pretty reasonable, they'd need to run at that kinda profit margin to make the business viable.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Do I have to say it a forth time?

Seeing as ari imports cars and I imagine you never have, I would assume he knows from experience, so you can stop repeating yourself now.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Seeing as ari imports cars and I imagine you never have, I would assume he knows from experience, so you can stop repeating yourself now.

So he knows about imports? Wow! Good on him. That's awesome! He's a hero! Too bad my OP has NOTHING to do with imports. Just a basic price comparison and the fact that there's roughly a $100,000 premium in Australia for Camaros. Considering they were designed, engineered and developed by Holden in Australia. It's sad!

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
So he knows about imports? Wow! Good on him. That's awesome! He's a hero! Too bad my OP has NOTHING to do with imports. Just a basic price comparison and the fact that there's roughly a $100,000 premium in Australia for Camaros. Considering they were designed, engineered and developed by Holden in Australia. It's sad!

if camaros aren't sold in australia, how are they bought here?

sorry mate, but in the end, it does have something to do with imports.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
*sigh* I give up ... too many people simply can't comprehend the (really basic) point I was making.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
i think that its actually YOU who are missing the point.

boats are not free
labour is not free
electricity is not free

every little extra cost add up. you think if holden had them they would sell for less that they are currently selling for? hell no! holden would rinse that sponge for every drop it had. so instead this thread would be a bitch about holden ripping us off, rather than us importers

at the end of the day its basically this: "i cant afford a camaro and i am not happy about it"

the answer would be to get a better job.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
wambulance_logo.jpg

Jebadayah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I actually get your point completely. It is sad that they cost so much here, even though a lot of the costs can be justified. I guess in the end it comes down to how passionate the individual is about the car, and if someone wants to pay $130k to drive something a little different, because in reality, it's NOT a $130k car.

Status
Not open for further replies.