Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Online File Sharing & Piracy

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Or you can pay for your own entertainment you cheap arse fool.

Reaper

Difference is they have big enough bank accounts to withstand losing some potential profit, whereas I am not as financially secure and don't have the money to spend unlike you, you high and mighty fool.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Difference is they have big enough bank accounts to withstand losing some potential profit, whereas I am not as financially secure and don't have the money to spend unlike you, you high and mighty fool.

So it's fine to steal off a guy "because they have a big enough bank account". Exactly where is the line in the sand where that bank account gets big enough that it doesn't matter??? Further to that, you also think that because you can't afford something it's ok to take it from somebody who may (or may not) have more disposable income than you. Sounds like a futile attempt at rationalizing behaviour that you know is illegal.

Reaper

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
So it's fine to steal off a guy "because they have a big enough bank account". Exactly where is the line in the sand where that bank account gets big enough that it doesn't matter??? Further to that, you also think that because you can't afford something it's ok to take it from somebody who may (or may not) have more disposable income than you. Sounds like a futile attempt at rationalizing behaviour that you know is illegal.

Reaper

I'm not talking about one guy or an artist, I am talking about a money hungry corporations who do very well financially as it is. If I download a song, like it and become a fan of the artist I will go and see concerts/festivals where the artist gets a decent payout. I refuse to pay insane amounts of money, most of which goes to record companies and vendors. They complain about losing all of this money, but in reality large majority of people wouldn't pay for it anyway, it's just potential profit figures that they flaunt.

You clearly have an issue with piracy, good on you, must be hard being a minority. I will add though, I am not trying to rationalize anything, I know it's illegal, so is doing 5km/h over the speed limit which the majority of people do everyday. The fact of the matter is it will never be stopped and I can list quite a few artists that support piracy. Who are we to argue with the ACTUAL owners of the product. The record companies are money hungry middle-men who I am more than happy enough to screw over.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
As long as I can keep downloading, I will. I'll admit it, I download. Perfect example, I downloaded Skrillex's album Bangarang the other day, I love a bit of Dubstep here and there, and I thought why not go buy the album to support Mr Sonny Moore, so I went to a few shops that sold CD's, and couldn't find it, nor did the people even have it in the stores. Nor could they order it for me. So, when I find it I WILL buy it, but for now, he's down 35c.

Edit: one of the stores I went to was JB HIFI, they ALWAYS have the cd's / dvd's / blu rays I'm looking for. Usually.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'm not talking about one guy or an artist, I am talking about a money hungry corporations who do very well financially as it is. If I download a song, like it and become a fan of the artist I will go and see concerts/festivals where the artist gets a decent payout. I refuse to pay insane amounts of money, most of which goes to record companies and vendors. They complain about losing all of this money, but in reality large majority of people wouldn't pay for it anyway, it's just potential profit figures that they flaunt.

You clearly have an issue with piracy, good on you, must be hard being a minority. I will add though, I am not trying to rationalize anything, I know it's illegal, so is doing 5km/h over the speed limit which the majority of people do everyday. The fact of the matter is it will never be stopped and I can list quite a few artists that support piracy. Who are we to argue with the ACTUAL owners of the product. The record companies are money hungry middle-men who I am more than happy enough to screw over.

LMFAO, what an idiotic post.

I refuse to pay insane amounts of money to live in a penthouse in the docklands. Ahh these money hungry bastards can get stuffed, I am just going to go in and take one over, they can afford it.

There are artists who support piracy? Really? My guess is their music is rubbish. Who works for free except complete idiots?

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
There are artists who support piracy? Really? My guess is their music is rubbish.

"Musical artist David Grohl, leader of the Foo Fighters, says the lack of sales is not because of illegal downloading, but because of lack of talent. He said in a recent interview: “People are blown away that Adele is selling so many records. I’m not. That record is great! She’s got a beautiful voice, and people are shocked when they hear actual talent.”"

Music Piracy: Theft on the high seas « MMHoganEnglish202

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
"Musical artist David Grohl, leader of the Foo Fighters, says the lack of sales is not because of illegal downloading, but because of lack of talent. He said in a recent interview: “People are blown away that Adele is selling so many records. I’m not. That record is great! She’s got a beautiful voice, and people are shocked when they hear actual talent.”"

Music Piracy: Theft on the high seas « MMHoganEnglish202

Im confused where does he say he supports illegal downloading?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
The people who know how to do it will probably keep doing it, there will be some who say its morally wrong or stealing etc its their choice not to do it. In this day and age of digital distribution where you can or can't hold a tangible piece of property in your hand its a very grey area. Especially when it comes down to recording television with a pvr etc and making backups of legitimate genuine cd albums and dvds to protect the originals. I download allot of tv shows because 1) I'm sick of ads. 2) FTA networks hardly ever run full seasons before cancelling them. 3) I have platinum foxtel ($135 a month and I have to watch ads still) and I still have to wait a year or more for new shows to be aired after they come out in their original country (FTA networks are willing to pay for them immediately but see reason #2).

Personally I don't see it as stealing I see it as infringement of copyright, If I could make a perfect copy of a guys new ferrari 458 italia for myself without in any way affecting the original, and without ferrari losing money on the cost of a new 458 (because I would never have bought a new 458 to begin with). If I have the knowledge to do this then i would do it, would they come and arrest me for copyright infringement for over $500,000? Yes probably. Would someone come to arrest me for a few tv shows? I doubt it.

The internet is a tool like a hammer, you could use a hammer to drive a nail into a piece of wood, you could use it to smash peoples property or steal from them, you could even use it to kill someone. You can't use the internet to kill someone (except the emo's on facebook).

/rant

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Im confused where does he say he supports illegal downloading?

No no I wasn't getting at that, I was supporting you in your statement about **** artists lol, though I think it came out the wrong way. I was aiming at where Grohl says it's because of the lack of talent, as in **** artists with **** music