Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MSD Coils [help needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidness

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 manual vr s pack
hey guys im new here, i have a 94 5 speed vr with slight engine work and i am thinking of getting some MSD coil packs from ebay, can anyone tell me if it is worth it and what kind of plugs i should run in my engine.

cheers fellas

skidness

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 manual vr s pack
why struggle trying too search when i can just make a thread, you hardly answered my question anyway.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Searching is basically as easy. I just bought some. More for a smoother idle and drivability than power.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
why struggle trying too search when i can just make a thread, you hardly answered my question anyway.

Because people are sick of answering the same question over and over… (just saying)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
sorry i missed to add "not worth it, no real gain" i actually read through the posts before i linked them and the first few replies i linked answered what you asked.
I'm sorry to hear it's so much of a struggle to research something, i'll make note not to link useful information for you next time, thought it was much easier than cutting and pasting the answers.

davleigh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx SS Commodore
skidness:2153462 said:
hey guys im new here, i have a 94 5 speed vr with slight engine work and i am thinking of getting some MSD coil packs from ebay, can anyone tell me if it is worth it and what kind of plugs i should run in my engine.

cheers fellas

mate id go a set. msd coil are better then your stock ones.
as for leads i would recommend Bosch leads for your car. best on the market.

good luck with the tweaks to your car mate.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
if your original coils are not inn the best shape then yes you may gain some power back, i say back cause it aint gonna produce more power then it would have had if the coils on there were up to scratch, also i would just stick with original ones, i have aftermarket one =s on mine, pretty sure its some shitty ones people say wont last long but they seem to work ok, and i only paid 50 bucks for 3 time will tell. i only replaced for good mesures, not replaced to make shitlodas more power.

skidness

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 manual vr s pack
"I have a VR with a v6 normally aspirated engine with some performance enhancements and bolt on stuff that i bought from ebay, if i spends $200 on MSD coils will my car go faster? is it worth it¿ or can i find a better bang for my buck?"

JXW, you mate are a ####ing wanker, all i was asking was a simple ####ing question, all this 5 pages of bullshit is un nesessary.

my motor has 30 thou shaved off the heads, 3 way valve cut, better valve springs and roller rockers, massive port and polish on heads and intake manifold, 70mm throttle body OTR CAI and lightened flywheel. so all i wanted too know was if some msd's would give it a little bit more poke.

skidness

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 manual vr s pack
and extractors and 2 n 1/4 inch exhaust system

Status
Not open for further replies.