Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden employees in 2.5 m stolen parts racket

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
We all live in a harsh world, if you don't lock up and look after your belongings then one day someone might just take them. Too bad in my opinion. I've had things stolen, because I didn't take enough care of them and it's my loss. Someone's going to buy your stolen items at a bargain price. I hear people complain that there house was invaded, keys taken a d car stolen it happens all the time, I always say "then why don't you secure your house properly and have some security systems and in place if your so worried" then they complain when it does happen when they could have prevented it. Holden could have prevented all these stolen motors if they wanted to, but they didn't and it's really too bad.

And you can all flame me all you want, I don't care. As I said, someone offers me a $10,000 item at a fraction of the cost, I'll buy it and move it quick and I don't care if it's stolen. That's why insurance companies exist.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
We all live in a harsh world, if you don't lock up and look after your belongings then one day someone might just take them. Too bad in my opinion. I've had things stolen, because I didn't take enough care of them and it's my loss. Someone's going to buy your stolen items at a bargain price. I hear people complain that there house was invaded, keys taken a d car stolen it happens all the time, I always say "then why don't you secure your house properly and have some security systems and in place if your so worried" then they complain when it does happen when they could have prevented it. Holden could have prevented all these stolen motors if they wanted to, but they didn't and it's really too bad.

And you can all flame me all you want, I don't care. As I said, someone offers me a $10,000 item at a fraction of the cost, I'll buy it and move it quick and I don't care if it's stolen. That's why insurance companies exist.

Thats why prisons exist..

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats why prisons exist..

Yeah true, if the legal system was actually affective there wouldn't be as much crime and thefts as there is. But the reality is the person who steals your car will get a slap on the wrist in court, get out and do it again. And probably won't see the inside of a prison and if they do, not for very long. Our courts are too soft on criminals to have any real effect.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I always say "then why don't you secure your house properly and have some security systems and in place if your so worried" .

I had a home invasion. Security screens on all windows, dead locks on the doors, home security system. They got onto the roof, lifted tiles and kicked their way into the house through the ceiling. Yes the security alarm was going off but lets face it, how often do you hear an alarm, be that home or car and do nothing? The people in my street did nothing, figured like most do that it had been accidently triggered.

Cops reckoned there was more than one, passing stuff back up through the celing and out the roof. Neighbours did report a van in my driveway, but again keeping to themselves never questioned it.

I doubt I could have secured my home down any more than I did and I still got invaded. Claimed it all on insurance and was advised there was a high chance they would return a few months later as that can happen too as they know you will have new stuff, although joke was on them as I was about to move anyway.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Yeah true, if the legal system was actually affective there wouldn't be as much crime and thefts as there is. But the reality is the person who steals your car will get a slap on the wrist in court, get out and do it again. And probably won't see the inside of a prison and if they do, not for very long. Our courts are too soft on criminals to have any real effect.

And that has what to do with your decision to be immoral?

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had a home invasion. Security screens on all windows, dead locks on the doors, home security system. They got onto the roof, lifted tiles and kicked their way into the house through the ceiling. Yes the security alarm was going off but lets face it, how often do you hear an alarm, be that home or car and do nothing? The people in my street did nothing, figured like most do that it had been accidently triggered.

Cops reckoned there was more than one, passing stuff back up through the celing and out the roof. Neighbours did report a van in my driveway, but again keeping to themselves never questioned it.

I doubt I could have secured my home down any more than I did and I still got invaded. Claimed it all on insurance and was advised there was a high chance they would return a few months later as that can happen too as they know you will have new stuff, although joke was on them as I was about to move anyway.

Yep and unfortunately even then it can happen, but it helps to have those systems in place and if it still fails, have everything over insured.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0

With that attitude, it really makes me wonder if you own anything of any worth.

I really hope you get caught with something stolen in your possession one day, might give you the reality check you most certainly need.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
With that attitude, it really makes me wonder if you own anything of any worth.

I really hope you get caught with something stolen in your possession one day, might give you the reality check you most certainly need.

Had my home entertainment system, surround sound, projector, ps3 with 20 games, iPad and desktop pc's and LED tv stolen over the Christmas holidays. Home and contents covered it and I went and bought all new better gear. Did me a favour really. Sure it was an inconvenience but at the end of the day I ended up with gear thats worth more then what they stole.

Yeah it sucks but everyone whining and whining about it isn't going to accomplish anything. Go to parliament if everyone is so paranoid and make the courts stop giving people slaps on the wrist.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

So, we have at least one member of the forum who is quite prepared to admit he is utterly dishonest, would gladly pay for an engine knowing it had to be stolen, and wouldn't give a stuff.

Hope we never cross paths. I have a particular hatred for thieves.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L

i bet if you had an attack dog in the house they'd sue you for the attack and take the rest of what you own in court lol... god bless australia...