Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Food for thought.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I'm assuming that ball of water only represents fresh water. Because I read that the earth's surface consists of around 70% water and 30% land
Even though the oceans are salt water, they can be converted to fresh water (desalination)- although it does require a lot of energy to do so

No, its ALL the water.. including oceans and clouds. The keywords here are 'earth's surface'. The earth is 12,700+km in diameter, the oceans form a skin only a few km deep in a few areas, and much less than that in most places.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
On the other hand if a giant asteroid crashes into earth we are all ####ed so who cares?

Reaper

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
On the other hand if a giant asteroid crashes into earth we are all ####ed so who cares?

Reaper

So long as Bruce Willis is alive, we'll be ok.. after hes gone I guess we are in trouble lol

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Interglacial periods suck...I want to be able to walk to Tasmania again! Now that would be sweet. Then I could be like my past brothers!

No, its ALL the water.. including oceans and clouds. The keywords here are 'earth's surface'. The earth is 12,700+km in diameter, the oceans form a skin only a few km deep in a few areas, and much less than that in most places.

So doesnt include animals, humans etc which are made mostly of water?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Interglacial periods suck...I want to be able to walk to Tasmania again! Now that would be sweet. Then I could be like my past brothers!

So doesnt include animals, humans etc which are made mostly of water?

Not that I'm aware of. Just free water.

You can keep walking lol, I would drive...

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
We aren't relying on 150 years of data at all. We have millions of years of data available to compare current figures at all. Yes, its a natural cycle. One that usually takes millions of years. We are accelerating that by a factor of thousands, and the data that we have is more than sufficient to support a strong hypothesis. No data exists to disprove it.

oh really? please provide said information

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
oh really? please provide said information

Like I said, there will always be skeptics.

Please feel free to Google, this is a topic of interest to plenty of people and there is no point arguing with those who choose to disagree. Its like religion and politics, highly polarized.

The arguments supporting both the for and against are all available online and you are free to decide for yourself which side of the debate you support.

Of course you are aware that there is a mass of data on the subject, and I could, if I was anal enough, probably create a 4 page post with only links to said data... you probably wouldn't read more than half of the first link anyway (that's not a criticism, I would probably be the same) so there is hardly any point.

The reason neither I or you would read much of the linked evidence is that those links will invariably be biased towards our own views.. in your case, you are hardly likely to present evidence that contradicts your cause and in my case, evidence contradicting my cause has not been found, so neither am I. Hence the term 'Theory of Climate Change' as opposed to 'Hypothesis of Climate Change'. Science accepts a Theory as a likely fact unless/until someone disproves it. No-one has.

I prefer to follow the overwhelmingly supported view of modern science, but that's just me.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Like I said, there will always be skeptics.

I am skeptical of everything I encounter and I always cross check information.

Being skeptical is great, and a critical part of science. Ignoring evidence that supports a theory based on observation and experimentation, on the other hand, isn't.