Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Workshops to fit extractors on alloytec

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have bought some pacies to fit onto my my09 sv6. Contrary to every description they don't fit the cats in stock factory position. from what i understand now is you have to cut the cats and weld on a new flange. in other words im not doing it myself.
if you know some good workshops in melbourne or around (west side preferably) that do good work for a decent price let me know. best quote ive got so far is $400 for labour.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So far I've called GM Motorsport and they wont do it. Taylor Made Exhaust in Melton charge a **** load. A few other places I have called want me to bring in the car and extractors before they will give a fixed price.

Seriously there has to be workshops who have worked on ve sv6's... Heaps of people have put extractors on stock cats somehow!?..!?!...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
**** job for ### all gain. That's why you are struggling to find anybody wanting anybody to do it.

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
I'm thinking of buying some pacemaker extractors for my alloy tech as well but reading this saying the stock cats might not fit has put me off.

So you can't directly bolt up the stock cats to the extractors and away you go ? :(

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Nope you cant. it looks like it should fit, as in the lengths to the cat are perfect but the flange with one bolt either side of the pacies is rotated 90 degrees to the flange on the stock cats.. basically you have to cut off the flange from the cat and weld up a new piece that they supply you. so stupid on pacemakers behalf what the hell were they thinking. bit of false advertising if you ask me with their "bolts on in stock factory position" statement

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
reaper i found them cheap, thats it. if you know any workshops that can help me out please feel free to post them.

full_force1986

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais LS1
Do you know anyone in the metal industry? Could swing them a carton to weld it up for you.
If you were in qld I could do it for you for said carton lol.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
This has certainly put me off getting headers on my SV6 , may just do a cat back instead .

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Actually if you are mainly after a nice note then I totally recommend one of these, plus Commodore665 you can switch it over to that Alfa to make it sound like a real Holden:
[video=youtube_share;b9XAC-BvUyo]http://youtu.be/b9XAC-BvUyo[/video]

Last edited: