Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

LFX Catch Can Setup

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Its a good starting point the Camaro site however, the mounting bracket they use (LFX) is not available in Australia and the engine cover post they have is not the same as the LFX one on VE. Also the position of the bracket and mounting hardware will not clear the engine cover used on VE. I had to lower mine down to clear the engine cover. You could remove the cover all together, though I wanted the stealth look...

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Where did you mount yours in your V6 Hexem?

I bought one for my 8 a while back but still haven't gotten round to fitting it lol I am trying to mount mine on a bracket next to the fuse box, I'm not sure if there is a similar bracket in the V6's though.

Cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Where did you mount yours in your V6 Hexem?

I bought one for my 8 a while back but still haven't gotten round to fitting it lol I am trying to mount mine on a bracket next to the fuse box, I'm not sure if there is a similar bracket in the V6's though.

Cheers

I might have a pic where I mounted mine on my 8 man

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Yeah I remember looking at yours but cos they changed the engine bay around and moved things the ordinary bracket no longer works. Easiest way for me is to mount it on the bracket next to the fuse box, I just have to make up a bracket or something to fit it. I have just been to lazy or busy with other things to get it done yet haha

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
oh yeah well if ever want pics lemme know man but elite can order u brackets mines used to use the bar that goes onto a bolt on the left head (where a main earth wire goes) to a L bracket and bam done haha

its all different now with the blower only use the L bracket on the right head

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Well after a week of driving to and from work I unscrewed the bottom of the can to take a look. There was good coverage of oil in the bottom and dripping off the screen filter part at the top. There was enough oil in the can to pool when tilted.

So I've just stopped all that oil going back into the intake and fouling fuel octane rating and causing other engine issues. I will measure the amount at next intermediate service.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Well after a week of driving to and from work I unscrewed the bottom of the can to take a look. There was good coverage of oil in the bottom and dripping off the screen filter part at the top. There was enough oil in the can to pool when tilted.

So I've just stopped all that oil going back into the intake and fouling fuel octane rating and causing other engine issues. I will measure the amount at next intermediate service.

I change mine once a week as I don't wanna get any sucked back into the intake haha but even after a week theres a good amount of it as you said

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Sounds like it'll be a good investment and be next on my list. Got 6 months to get it all together afterall.

Thanks for all the input, should get a sticky thread for catch cans.

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Here is a picture of the crap the can picks up. This is after a few hundred k's. The return line back to the intake is completely dry, no oil residue getting into the intake anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.jpg
    IMG_1256.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 452