Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Burk3z new 2013 ve ss z series ute

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
So after 2 years of the 2004 VZ S Pac I decided to upgrade to a brand new VE SS Z Series Ute Auto run out model. While the release of the VF was tempting, the deal I got on the ute was too good to pass up and I couldn't wait an extra 6 - 12 months to get extra money to get the VF, so I searched and searched until I found this brand newie in a Holden dealership in Traralgon, was a bit of a hike but well worth it.

It is my first V8 and it only took about 5 secs on the road before I was grinning, I absolutely love it and don't think I could ever go back to anything other than an 8 lol.

The main reason I decided to get it was coz I got a great deal and also I do a lot of driving for work so having a new reliable car with 5 years warranty is great peace of mind... not too mention the extra power of the V8 was also a big factor :).

Had the car for nearly 3 weeks and haven't taken many pics yet as I have been having way too much fun actually in the car lol but will add more pics when I can.

Current Mods: Factory Darkest Legal Tint

Future Mods: Hardlid (probably after market one as Holden charge about $3,000 for one when I can get one for about a grand cheaper)
Exhaust (it is an Auto with AFM so going to have to take that into account, although one day may delete it with a tune)
CAI (looking at OTR's in the future, but also unsure if this mod may void warranty, any ideas feel free to share)
Sound System
Lower it

Hope you guys enjoy the ride and any feedback would be much appreciated :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Nice buy mate, defiantly get some pics up ASAP.

I remember when I sold my VZ Alloytec and jumped into the 6.0L. Even in stock form they drive so nice and have a great amount of power IMO. I've had mine for 8 months now and still drive it whenever I can and still grin at the power it has.

If you need an idea on aftermarket lids have a look at mine, DannyP's and Wogboyz' for a couple ideas. Rest of the future mods sound good and be sure to keep us posted :)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
There seems to be a distinct lack of pictures in this thread. Sounds nice though, I agree on the hardlid thing the one Dannyp has looks fantastic.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
as above come on mate pics lol

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
So finally had time to upload a few pics... Will def take more in the coming weeks once I wash it and what not.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Or spend 2k on an OTR and tune:boxing:

BURK3Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series Ute
Nice ute mate :) If you're wanting a hard lid go to JHP (just google it) doing ones with double locks for $1699 painted and fitted, $2099 fitted painted + central locking. Cheap as.

Cheers for the heads up mate, probably have to wait a few months to save the cash for a hard lid but I'll def get in touch with a few places and try and find the best quote. JHP sounds good and also HSP Ute Lids too and both have the remote locking feature.

And Sandman yeah down the track I am planning on doing exhaust, OTR & tune, give it a bit more poke, the only thing is will an OTR & Tune void Warranty? I know just a cat back will be fine but not sure about the OTR & Tune :s.

Also just had my 3,000km service and all good... To think I have only had the car for a month and have already racked up 3k km's lol

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
And Sandman yeah down the track I am planning on doing exhaust, OTR & tune, give it a bit more poke, the only thing is will an OTR & Tune void Warranty? I know just a cat back will be fine but not sure about the OTR & Tune :s.

i had mine serviced last week, i asked them about it and they didnt say anything about it voiding a warranty. Also may depend on which dealership you go to.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Pictures look good mate very clean.

Do you have a first mod lined up for it? :)