Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caught Speeding, Whats Going To Happen Now?

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Guy at work got a fine. He had 1 point left. Paid for the fine after he got his fulls. Havent heard a thing after that.

I don't think it works like that anymore. Because people were waiting till they could afford to take the points. Also if you loose your liscence when you're on you p's now your time gets extended after your suspension period ends.

Good luck op. I was on my P's for 5 years and was only meant to be on them for 3. The last couple of years dragged a bit but you'll get there. You do the crime and you do the time hehe.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Unless he wrote u a ticket on the spot i wouldnt worry about it

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Unless he wrote u a ticket on the spot i wouldnt worry about it

He didn't write anything or give me anything. I'll still be worrying about it for the next month or so, going to make the most of it while I can.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
When I lost my license I got nothing on the spot, just a letter in the mail about 3 weeks later.

RT300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Mate , You need to study what your rights are. Nobody here seems to know. I got pulled over at gunpoint by the cops in an unmarked car.(An offence in itself) They alleged I was speeding and driving in a manner dangerous to the public. I had in fact been doing 188 km/hr in a 70 zone. He also tried to threaten me with a defect on the car. I walked away with no fines or defect and nothing to answer to. When you know how their system works , a little about law and your rights , then there is very little they can do to you. If you give a public servant jurisdiction over you , then all the statutes , acts and by laws they represent apply to you. Don't give them jurisdiction and don't contract with them. All that applies then is common law.
Unfortunately when you answered their questions and showed your drivers licence , you blew it. They can do whatever they want to you under the road traffic act or any other obscure law they care to. Wait and see what turns up in the mail.

Last edited:

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Mate , You need to study what your rights are. Nobody here seems to know. I got pulled over at gunpoint by the cops in an unmarked car.(An offence in itself) They alleged I was speeding and driving in a manner dangerous to the public. I had in fact been doing 188 km/hr in a 70 zone. He also tried to threaten me with a defect on the car. I walked away with no fines or defect and nothing to answer to. When you know how their system works , a little about law and your rights , then there is very little they can do to you. If you give a public servant jurisdiction over you , then all the statutes , acts and by laws they represent apply to you. Don't give them jurisdiction and don't contract with them. All that applies then is common law.
Unfortunately when you answered their questions and showed your drivers licence , you blew it. They can do whatever they want to you under the road traffic act or any other obscure law they care to. Wait and see what turns up in the mail.

I call bullshit.

VN V6's cant go that fast.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
If it were true and I was a cop I'd pull my **** on you too you crazy arsed crack-head, you'd need 15kms of 45 degree downhill. Yeah kids, let that be a lesson, don't comply with reasonable instruction to show a valid license and that you're not DUI, cos it'll go well and you'll be all Jason Statham and get away with it!

Last edited:

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco

frabz-kill-yourself-050909.jpg

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute

Dancing1.gif