Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Holden Commodore Issues and Faults

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

Yes that's it!
uzeqyqug.jpg

Works - gets Newcastle radio in Sydney and Byron in Brisbane, plus it is stronger and suits the car.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Okaaaay. I think? I'll take this as a positive too.
BTW I wish VF's were the new VE's, that would see them in production for years to come and sales over 500K, and +500,000 very happy buyers!

Merry Christmas:)

ZMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Got my VF Calais V a few months ago. Love the car, the quality of the interior is so refined compared to the VERY Berlina that it replaced.

Some issues though
1. A parking sensor was recessed when delivered. Not noticed on delivery but rectified by dealer first week.
2. Boot release - twice now I have come out to my car with the boot wide open. The range of the remote is awesome but I must be accidentally pressing it when it's in my pocket. Older commodores you had to hold it down for a sec and it did not have the shocks that popped the boot wide open.
3. Sat Nav - all the suburbs say Sydney when programming via voice command ie if you say to go to 20 George st Paramatta it will say going to 20 George St Sydney, same if 10 Potts st Ryde, will confirm 10 Potts St Sydney but it still takes you to the correct address. Also no speed / red light cameras.
4. Rattle in the drivers seat belt mechanism, it's right next to my ear while driving and really annoying. Dealer not being very helpful with this.
5. Heated mirrors - light does not illuminate when starting the car or when heating. Manual is very vague re this. Dealer advises there is no light but looks like there should be. It is right under the blind spot alert indicator on the mirror.

Anyone have solutions or advice re any of the above?

RoganJosh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VF Calais V -V6
Got my VF Calais V a few months ago. Love the car, the quality of the interior is so refined compared to the VERY Berlina that it replaced.

Some issues though
1. A parking sensor was recessed when delivered. Not noticed on delivery but rectified by dealer first week.
2. Boot release - twice now I have come out to my car with the boot wide open. The range of the remote is awesome but I must be accidentally pressing it when it's in my pocket. Older commodores you had to hold it down for a sec and it did not have the shocks that popped the boot wide open.
3. Sat Nav - all the suburbs say Sydney when programming via voice command ie if you say to go to 20 George st Paramatta it will say going to 20 George St Sydney, same if 10 Potts st Ryde, will confirm 10 Potts St Sydney but it still takes you to the correct address. Also no speed / red light cameras.
4. Rattle in the drivers seat belt mechanism, it's right next to my ear while driving and really annoying. Dealer not being very helpful with this.
5. Heated mirrors - light does not illuminate when starting the car or when heating. Manual is very vague re this. Dealer advises there is no light but looks like there should be. It is right under the blind spot alert indicator on the mirror.

Anyone have solutions or advice re any of the above?

The heated rear mirrors icon does not illuminate when on , you have to have your rear demister on that's the indication supposedly. The blind sport warning illuminates so I would have thought this lights up as well. Probably would be a distraction with both of them on and driving. I asked this question previously on these forums

I have already had my say regarding the Sat Nav and been told to shut up.

My Boot release works perfectly so I would take it back to the dealer for them to have a look at.

Don't have any rattles with the drivers seat belt mechanism maybe get them to test drive it with you in the passenger seat so they can experience it first hand?? I am getting wind noise around drivers window when traveling 100 kph + so much that I thought the window was slightly open (it wasn't)

I am keeping my leather interior smick with http://www.finalinspection.com.au/clean-gel and http://www.finalinspection.com.au/leather-feed-275ml and using a special pad http://www.finalinspection.com.au/hand-pocket-applicator-leather

My Garage

Last edited:

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

I don't have answers for the rest but the heated mirrors on my E3 have a little symbol but there is not light as such to say they are operating. Mine work immediately the rear demister is pressed. I don't have blind spot on my car (thank god!)

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I asked this question previously on these forums.. Blah blah Sat Nav.. Blah blah.. and been told to shut up.

Sahib, "The answer you seek pales to humble appreciation of what Vishnu has already delivered for you, humility and patience is the answer in itself" - Ghandi
e6ury8uz.jpg

Last edited:

Papa007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6
Well just to give you all an update on the stupid MyLink problem ... It was finally sorted yesterday only taken about 4 Months apparently I do have a problem now according to Holden. After cracking the shits with Holden TechConnect I finally got my Unit replaced.
Turns out the very early release of the MyLink does have the exact problem I talk about. I got my VF in July so I suggest any of you with one of the first Models grab somebody's iPhone and test it.
It all works perfectly now indexes, album art, play more like this, wonders never cease to amaze me. She even changed the way she says please say a command. She lost the pommy pronunciation of command and gave it an Aussie one.
Cheers to all and for the ones that said it was an iPhone problem and I needed to get an Android what can I say that others have said.... You're idiots.

mjw3101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Sportswagen.
My VF SSV Redline sportswagen after only 600km had the following error message "Service Steering Column Lock" This occurred last night, engine would not start and no steering. Had the vehicle towed to a storage yard and hopefully will be at a local dealer first thing Monday for repair. Worst timing, I was supposed to be traveling to the beach with the family, but plans have had to be pushed back. Not happy after only 600km. Anyone had a similar issue and what was the solution? I need my car pronto.