Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
@ gopher

ho hum. What else would we expect from a committed union supporter?

Having trouble quoting again?

There you go you've had your dig at me So now you can answer my question.:) ( note working smileys ;) )
what over inflated salaries do anyone in management at holden get?
I find it a bit hard to believe that the handouts that the government gave to holden went entirely to the workers on the floor.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

There you go you've had your dig at me So now you can answer my question.:) ( note working smileys ;) )
I find it a bit hard to believe that the handouts that the government gave to holden went entirely to the workers on the floor.

see my post #7620

And tbh weather it went to the guys on the production line or not is a moot point. Make no mistake, there are very few at Holden/Ford/Toyota earning under $100k a year. Some of the base rates don't look so flash but wow - when you look at their group certificates and add up all the allowances etc etc don't be too worried. They do quite nicely ;)

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Not sure about 550 but my power company has advised me that the carbon tax added 334 per annum to my bill and adjustments with credits for early July are included on subsequent bills since it's repeal. I imagine that anyone with power bills must have started to see some sort of saving but let's not concede too much, hmm?

Ok I stand corrected just had a look at my power bill ( billing period between 13 August and 6 November so well within the repeal time) and I have a refund of $23.31 for the 3 months and on the rates notice there is a note that there is a $2 reduction in the price of a trip to the tip and a one off refund of a whole $9.53.
Got a feeling I'm going to come up well short of the $550 promised

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok I stand corrected just had a look at my power bill ( billing period between 13 August and 6 November so well within the repeal time) and I have a refund of $23.31 for the 3 months and on the rates notice there is a note that there is a $2 reduction in the price of a trip to the tip and a one off refund of a whole $9.53.
Got a feeling I'm going to come up well short of the $550 promised

Ok.... I suspect you are putting words in somebodies mouth. Are you sure somebody promised you $550 or was the claim something like "the average household will save around $550 per year"???? 2 very different things which I presume you haven't comprehended too well.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Ok.... I suspect you are putting words in somebodies mouth. Are you sure somebody promised you $550 or was the claim something like "the average household will save around $550 per year"???? 2 very different things which I presume you haven't comprehended too well.

WTF is an average household? I consider ours to be an average household
For months Tony abbott promised that we will save $550 a year upon repealing the carbon tax

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
#### me dead how stupid are you?
WTF is an average household? I consider ours to be an average household
For months Tony abbott promised that we save $550 a year upon repealing the carbon tax

I'm sure you do. Weather it is or not as described by treasury modelling is very much open for debate ;). Have you checked? Numptys like you are the reason why politicians are very careful with their words because they know that you will take part of a quote and turn it into something it isn't which you have on this occasion.

ps: cool edit bro ;). I'm willing to wager I'm not as stupid as you - even on a bad day :thumbsup:

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2

Nope. Just using the phone instead of the pc. Smileys aren't an option and as you can see, quotes are working just fine.

There's no point arguing with you over Holden's or any other company's problems. Unionists will always blame management and never accept any part of the responsibility for company failures.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I'm sure you do. Weather it is or not as described by treasury modelling is very much open for debate ;). Have you checked? Numptys like you are the reason why politicians are very careful with their words because they know that you will take part of a quote and turn it into something it isn't which you have on this occasion.

ps: cool edit bro ;). I'm willing to wager I'm not as stupid as you - even on a bad day :thumbsup:

What's the weather got do with whether it is or not? ;)

But anyway I read it here that it is on average not average household
Carbon tax scrapped: PM Tony Abbott sees key election promise fulfilled after Senate votes for repeal | ABC Radio Australia

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Nope. Just using the phone instead of the pc. Smileys aren't an option and as you can see, quotes are working just fine.

There's no point arguing with you over Holden's or any other company's problems. Unionists will always blame management and never accept any part of the responsibility for company failures.

So you just give up just like that?
Maybe you think I'm right after all

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride