Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shooters, Archers and Bladesmen Unite!

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
I must have misread something, I thought you were implying something about something being illegal or something . I dunno, it's been a friggin long day for me!

You got to go back a bit , we were comparing 22 zeds to air rifles, for shooting Indian Mynas , nothing illegal about my registered safe housed air rifle.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
The illegal was when it was mentioned it is 'less illegal' to shoot an air rifle in the backyard.
With firearms most things are black and white. It's either legal or it's not.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Had my first deer encounter last night. Hit up a property that has been good for dogs and foxes, but got a little bored with nothing coming to the whistle.

Went for a walk through the neighbouring state forest, just because the weather was nice. A couple of hundred meters in I hear this deep loud croaking and stamping. About 50 meters ahead. I tried to stalk in closer but it got wind of me and went crashing off through the scrub.

I didnt actually get to veiw it, but it's the closest I've been. Checked out the area and found heaps of rub mark. I will give it a couple of days and try again.

Although I will gun up this time. I had my 223 on me, so wouldnt have taken the shot if I did get him in the scope.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Had my first deer encounter last night. Hit up a property that has been good for dogs and foxes, but got a little bored with nothing coming to the whistle.

Went for a walk through the neighbouring state forest, just because the weather was nice. A couple of hundred meters in I hear this deep loud croaking and stamping. About 50 meters ahead. I tried to stalk in closer but it got wind of me and went crashing off through the scrub.

I didnt actually get to veiw it, but it's the closest I've been. Checked out the area and found heaps of rub mark. I will give it a couple of days and try again.

Although I will gun up this time. I had my 223 on me, so wouldnt have taken the shot if I did get him in the scope.

Just a general question.
Since you mention that you were on a property, does this mean you were allowed on said state forest?

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
In vic most state forests are open to hunting off feral pest animals. Some are designated as game only, so deer, with an additianal licence on top of your firearm licence. In those spots ferals cant be shot.

National parks, state parks, plantation land is all no go for firearms.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback

What type of dear do you think it was?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just a general question.
Since you mention that you were on a property, does this mean you were allowed on said state forest?
In Victoria all state forest is legal to hunt in for feral species and game animals with the correct permit (in other words ferals they can make money on). Select few National Forests are designated game reserves, but only during certain times of the year.

Sambar is illegal to take with anything smaller than a .270