Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Stance project VE SSV (help & input required please)

JNew

Reaction score
Looked better on the standard wheels, Such terrible fakes. And it doesn't matter if they're from eBay or your "mate" All the fakes come out of the same place.

Yep each to their own. I agree with you, I could even go and buy a mid 90's 5 series. Even the tyres are like $80ea. But you've missed the point, this was my first project so didn't want to throw **** loads of cash at it with a chance of getting it wrong. Basically it was a learning curve for me. And that is why I've posted up here to help those who intend on trying something similar. Now I know what to and what not to do, next time I will spend the money and commit to the genuine items. But to splash out $1500 on genuine BBS rims in the wrong offset or width seems a tad daft to me. The original wheels were stuffed, and the time is close that I want to move on from this car to a E92 M or a E60 M. So in learning all about offset and rideheights etc I also managed to tidy the car up for its eventual new owner and when time comes for me to buy then I can go into a new project with plenty more knowledge about what I am doing. Thanks anyway for your constructive feedback.

JNew

Reaction score
dem bbs badges tho

Didn't get them becuase they were 'BBS' I got them because of the red colour made the wheels colour pop a bit more. The black centres looked a tad dull. Thanks though.

Bhp Steel

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Didn't get them becuase they were 'BBS' I got them because of the red colour made the wheels colour pop a bit more. The black centres looked a tad dull. Thanks though.

I personally do not like the wheels...do not take me as having a go....just an observation....now down to the itty gritty....how do you roll the guards...is it just turning the underside up or actually rolling the guard out...I am mystified by this rolling out and I assume that the shaving of the plastic is removing excess plastic off the lower part of the guard....would not that look not right....I may be wrong.

The other observation is their are no mudflaps...is this to create the muncho effect.....not really responsible for the motorist following behind....with you throwing up all the road base.

JNew

Reaction score
I personally do not like the wheels...do not take me as having a go....just an observation....now down to the itty gritty....how do you roll the guards...is it just turning the underside up or actually rolling the guard out...I am mystified by this rolling out and I assume that the shaving of the plastic is removing excess plastic off the lower part of the guard....would not that look not right....I may be wrong.

The other observation is their are no mudflaps...is this to create the muncho effect.....not really responsible for the motorist following behind....with you throwing up all the road base.

Guard rolling is only rolling the lip up to create more clearance, google search guard roller. Guard 'pumping' is generally more involved process and fabrication. Forgive me if I'm wrong but the car never came with 'mudflaps' so I don't know the answer to this. Do any of these models come with mudflaps or is it a factory option?

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
how do you roll the guards...is it just turning the underside up or actually rolling the guard out...I am mystified by this rolling out

Ummm both. The bit that's normally 90% is rolled up but the pressure used to bend this also pumps (pushes) the guards out wider

Ummmmm what??? Mud flaps aren't a factory fitted item there a option. I would assume 90% of the time it either cos they look ugly or the car doesn't go on dirt roads so the owner doesn't worry about stones getting hitting there own car

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Yep each to their own. I agree with you, I could even go and buy a mid 90's 5 series. Even the tyres are like $80ea. But you've missed the point, this was my first project so didn't want to throw **** loads of cash at it with a chance of getting it wrong. Basically it was a learning curve for me. And that is why I've posted up here to help those who intend on trying something similar. Now I know what to and what not to do, next time I will spend the money and commit to the genuine items. But to splash out $1500 on genuine BBS rims in the wrong offset or width seems a tad daft to me. The original wheels were stuffed, and the time is close that I want to move on from this car to a E92 M or a E60 M. So in learning all about offset and rideheights etc I also managed to tidy the car up for its eventual new owner and when time comes for me to buy then I can go into a new project with plenty more knowledge about what I am doing. Thanks anyway for your constructive feedback.

Mid 90's 5series? I've always been a fan of the E34 as well. But for the price you paid, You could've built genuine wheels. This is what happens when you don't look in the right places.

JNew

Reaction score
Mid 90's 5series? I've always been a fan of the E34 as well. But for the price you paid, You could've built genuine wheels.
This is what happens when you don't look in the right places.

I meant E39. Regardless they still 20yrs old. Anyway good luck with that and thanks for your positivity and contribution to this thread. I'm sure others reading through while researching for their projects will look find you very helpful.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
I meant E39. Regardless they still 20yrs old. Anyway good luck with that and thanks for your positivity and contribution to this thread. I'm sure others reading through while researching for their projects will look find you very helpful.

hopefully theyll not spend stupid money on cheaply made replicas!!

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Far from 20years old and less km's than your VE. Keep it up, It's adorable.

I said your car looked better before the overpriced fake wheels. If that's an opening for you to attempt to rustle my jimmies you have a lot to learn.

Cheers
Mat