Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

xforce exhaust no pulse/lope

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I put a 2.5" mild steel xforce catback on my ss commodore couple months ago n i must say sounds dissapointing its got a little bit of pulse but nothing like what ive heard on some other holdens with catbacks. Will my standard log manifold cause it to reduce the pulsing sound.
Will changing to hsv headers change it n increase the pulse. I really dont wanna have to buy another exhaust i payed $1100 for the xforce.
if the hsv headers wont make a difference how can i modify the xforce to increase the pulse.

Honestly i reckon my xforce sounds embaressing somtimes the notes completely flat no rumble at all

Mate I have been through the same thing, I have the 2.5" Xforce catback and now have Xforce 4-1's and high flow cats as well. When I had just the catback I thought it sounded very flat as well with no pulse. I can tell you now that installing the rest of the system (headers and cats) completely changes the sound of the exhaust and it now has pulse. Only problem now is that because it sounds so much better i want a 3" over the 2.5 cause it just aint loud enough haha. I still think brands like Difilippo and KPM sound a little better than the Xforce systems but you pay twice as much for them and im honestly pretty happy with how my car sounds.
Just to give you a rough idea of price, mild catback AU$880, $1015 for a set of stainless Xforce 4-1's and high flow cats (ebay) then paid $1100 for a performance shop to install them and give it a full custom dyno tune. So $2995 for a full exhaust and dyno tune is pretty good I think. Chuck on a VCM intake on top of that and your set.

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Xforce 4-1s or pacemaker is there much differance. I did notice the outlet on pacemaker 4-1 was 3" so id have to get a reducer made?

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Couldnt find any 2nd hand hsv headers on ebay found lots of parts on gumtree but think thats only local trading

Tony310864

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Thunder Ute
Did you search for HSV exhaust or ve commodore exhaust.
The first listing under HSV exhaust is for a set of HSV headers.

Tony.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Xforce 4-1s or pacemaker is there much differance. I did notice the outlet on pacemaker 4-1 was 3" so id have to get a reducer made?

No, if you get the 1 3/4" headers (which is what i have and recommend) they have a 3" outlet and the xforce 3" cats will bolt straight up to your 2.5" catback

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Was just looking at xforce stainless steel 4-1 and high flow cats. $1600 nzd what are chances of them cracking ive had cheap stainless manifold crack back in the day on turbos etc and its 100cpi cat i heard 200cpi is more road legal?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
I'll just chime in at the end and say 'coz x-force is ****.

4-1 design headers are your best option 'noise' wise, if you stick to x-force it will mate up perfectly, well not perfectly because it's x-force but pretty close. 1 & 3/4" 4 into 1 headers is all you will need with their matching hi-flow cats, pretty sure these are a 3 or 3.5" OD and will bolt into the 2.5" cat back.

That said, you do have the option of buying some OEM HSV headers & cats to improve the noise and will also mate up.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Just get some headers and cat delete pipes, as has been mentioned you're in NZ so you don't need the cats, this will save you at least $500-600 bux.

Tim-dietrich

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
I thought the factory hsv headers were tri-y so wont they sound alot differant to the 4-1s all im really after is the sound not to fussed on maken max power out of them.

Ive looked on ebay for 2nd hand hsv headers and they arnt on there its all just new parts so i dunno where you seen them mate but i cant find them i tryed typing in hsv exhaust.