Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchased new Calais V V8 Wagon. How km on delivery?

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Hi,

Just after some info. I have just purchased a new Calais V V8 wagon and was wondering how km should I expect on the odometer when I pick it up. The car has been ordered from the factory. I am expecting less than 5 km on the odometer when I pick it up next month. People have told me that it may be up to 30 km depending on where the dealership tests the car for pre delivery. I have purchased several holden accessories that will be fitted at the dealership when they receive it from the factory. The only other extra is window tinting which is done around the corner from the dealer less than 1 km away. If anyone has recently bought their new VF ordered from the factory ie. not purchased from car yard stock or transferred from another car yard, I look forward to your responses. Cheers.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Up your expectations or you're going to be disapointed.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Maybe 6 maybe 60. Doesn't matter too much. Before you know it you'll have 50000 on it!

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
My Series 2 VE SSV was purchased brand new with 4km travelled on the clock but was already at the yard. My Series 1 VE Omega 60th Anniversary had 14km brand new on it and I had ordered that one.
If yours is a factory QA test vehicle expect more and possibly a delay in delivery time.
Of course if it is QA tested than there shouldn't be a bloody thing wrong with it.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
They grab cars off the production line all the time for testing. If this is the case it will have around 30 to 40kms on it. Also keep in mind the dealer needs to put fuel in it as well.

5kms is unreasonable. They come in with more than that most of the time. I would say the average local build has around 5 to 6kms in it before any of the pre-delivery processes are completed.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
all my new cars

06 VE ss(was 6months old bought in feb 07) had 70kms on it

08 SS ute 22kms

14 prado 21kms

I know a guy who recently got a 2115 XR8, had done the extra factory quality test delivered with 68kms.

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
I used to deliver factory cars to HBD on the Gold Coast. I've seen anywhere from 3k upto 60 something. This was 12 yr ago.

VF Redline

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got my VF SSV Redline with 18ks on the clock, it wasn't registered till I got it. So I asked the broker I used and he said the same thing, that they are tested by the factory.

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Brand new VF SSV ute in stock, didn't check the odometer when it was covered in "polish/grease", after detailing done on collection it has 25km on the clock.