Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchased new Calais V V8 Wagon. How km on delivery?

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
New, not in stock and mine had 7kms on it. A mate bought a prado new and he had over 30kms on his.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
The odometer starts as soon as the car is running. There is a lot of shuffling and moving between it rolling off the assembly line to on side storage and then delivered to the dealer. Anything up to 60 sounds about right.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I had 7km on my Demo VF SS.

I put 10km on it during my test drive!

So, 17km :)

mmrdb

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 series 3 Monaro & VF V8 Calais V Wagon
Thanks for all the responses :) All I can say is glad I asked the question. Few things learnt from this thread, such as QA testing at factory for random cars. Looks like it will be pot luck getting the lowest possible km's. I always thought new cars in stock with a few km's eg. 10 km plus were those that are test driven by potential customers, hence was kind of expecting a car from the factory to have minimal kms as no customer would have test driven it. I will ask the dealership to contact me when the car arrives. I will then go there and note the km, and then see how many extra kms the dealership puts on it before I take delivery (cross fingers, and hope less than 10k total on odometer - like some lucky people in this thread).

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
In the end, it really doesn't matter. Especially when it will likely have a lifespan of 20+ years and 400,000km+. In any event, you'd be extremely unlikely to hang onto it for that long.

Having 20km on it won't make it any 'less new' lol

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Thanks for all the responses :) All I can say is glad I asked the question. Few things learnt from this thread, such as QA testing at factory for random cars. Looks like it will be pot luck getting the lowest possible km's. I always thought new cars in stock with a few km's eg. 10 km plus were those that are test driven by potential customers, hence was kind of expecting a car from the factory to have minimal kms as no customer would have test driven it. I will ask the dealership to contact me when the car arrives. I will then go there and note the km, and then see how many extra kms the dealership puts on it before I take delivery (cross fingers, and hope less than 10k total on odometer - like some lucky people in this thread).

You will actually find that many "demo" cars will actually have less miles than "new" cars. Dealers are encouraged to register so many " demo" cars. Many of them are not actually test driven by customers.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
When I bought my MY09 SV6 "demo"during the GFC, it came with 2 km on the odometer. My MY11 was a demo also, but with 797 km. My MY12.5 Z was brand new, with 4 km on the dial. My MY14 was a demo with nearly 5K on the clock, but that did not worry me when I paid $26,990 drive away for it (after my GM Card discount).

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
In the end, it really doesn't matter. Especially when it will likely have a lifespan of 20+ years and 400,000km+. In any event, you'd be extremely unlikely to hang onto it for that long.

Having 20km on it won't make it any 'less new' lol

Perhaps 20 years is possible, but the average car by the time they reach say 12 years old they are a couple of grand sh!tter. Hopefully something like a Calais V 6 litre (or even just an SS) in good nick would be somewhat better than that. Given the VF II's will be the last of the Commodores as we know them, hopefully at least the VF/ VFII V8's will have reasonable resale value. I still have my VX R8 Clubby (manual) which has just under 100,000Km on it, I know it's worth more than a couple of grand, but not many people aspire to own a 15 year old HSV, so I think if I was to sell it, I'd probably be disappointed with the price I would get.

Edit, from the OP's point of view, he would have raised the question as he doesn't want the car to be driven by others not sympathetic to new car running in (say giving it a flogging to test it out, especially when the engine is cold).

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If a potential customer wants a test drive of the model vehicle (same as yours) then you can expect that it will be used regardless of what distance may be added to the odometer.