Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Troys 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS now with added muddy mud tyre goodness!

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Haha I'm not sure, a lift kit is the next major mod on the cards but in the mean time a 4 point breather kit is going in.

You still running with no lift?!!
That's understandable that it'll be the next major mod then.

Yeah I need to fit my diff/transfer/gearbox breather kit as well. I'm just trying to get the motivation to get under the car, but I can't decide exactly where to mount it?

Next mod for you (after the lift) should be lockers, as they say "it's not a real 4wd if it doesn't have front and rear diff lockers".

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You still running with no lift?!!
That's understandable that it'll be the next major mod then.

Yeah I need to fit my diff/transfer/gearbox breather kit as well. I'm just trying to get the motivation to get under the car, but I can't decide exactly where to mount it?

Next mod for you (after the lift) should be lockers, as they say "it's not a real 4wd if it doesn't have front and rear diff lockers".

Depending how extreme you decide on getting really determines where they go. I run mine to the top of my engine bay on the passenger side, well, they were there when i bought it and they are just fuel filters.

If you're going to be doing alot of extremely deep water crossings then about the only way to ensure they're not going to suck in air is to put them in the airbox, or, you can run them into the cabin but the smell might be a bit much.

pFDFOFgl.jpg

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I haven't even thought about where the breathers will finish, I'd say it'll be as far up inside under the bonnet as possible however inside the airbox sounds like a good idea.

Yeah I like the idea of them ending in the airbox as well.
Oh well, I'm sure you'll post up your results once your finished, good luck with the install.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
The diffs will be done first because I will have to take the bash plates off to do the gearbox and transfer case, and that's a fkn pain in the arse lol

That's more than understandable.
The best thing about working on a 4wd, is the fact that you don't really need to jack it up to get under it.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Started work on the 4 point breather kit this afternoon. So far I've just mounted the breather ports and I'll start on running the extended tunes tomorrow. I've mounted beside the airbox as I found 2 existing holes that fit the bracket perfectly without drilling anything. I checked bonnet clearance by using some BluTack on top of the ports and she's all good.

FF6DD276-0FB3-4427-98F1-F07E78378ED3_zpscexq6xpu.jpg

339798A9-291A-49C4-A74A-6E2C76DEE903_zps0s40d4qs.jpg

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Looks like the same kit that I got.

Got to be happy that you didn't have to drill any extra holes in the car.

Are there any particular tracks that your getting these breathers put in for, or is it just to guarantee you never get water in them?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
It's been a while so here's another update. Still no lift fitted yet, hopefully in the next few months. I do, however, have a winch on the way. It's a Tigerz11 Grande MkII. They were having a massive sale and I picked it up for $395 with dyneema rope.